34

( TOUCHED FOR THE
VERY FIRST TIME )

PENNY'S HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

"Penny was very shy. To herself. Not at all what you'd call adventurous." The sister says.

"What, like flying through a lightning storm in a two-seater?" Dean asks.

"She was terrified of that thing. She just did it for Stan."

"Stan?" Elena asks.

"They were just starting to get serious. She didn't want to seem, you know...Not interested. I just wish I'd told her to stay home. We don't even have a body to bury."

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

"Hey." Sam says.

"What do you got?" Dean asks.

"Uh...Well, looks like those other two missing girls both baked cookies for the lord." Sam says.

"What is that? Code?" Elena asks.

"No. Church choir, bake sales, promise-ring clubs-the works. They were good girls." Sam says. "But Penny wasn't even a Christian, so—"

"I have another theory. Penny's diary." Dean says.

"Did you steal that from her room?" Sam asks.

"I love that you even asked me that." Dean says.

"And why wouldn't I?"

"No reason." Dean says. "So girl-nappings. What if it's not about religion, what if it's about purity?"

"You mean you think they're all—" Sam starts.

"Virgins, Sam. Virgins." Dean says.

"Penny was twenty-two." Elena says.

"Yeah, with a pink room." Dean says.

"So?"

"And stuffed teddy bears."

"Fine. But you really think—" Sam starts.

Dean reads from Penny's diary. "I've decided I'm going to give Stan my most precious gift." He says.

"Wow. That sounded really creepy coming out of your mouth." Sam says.

"I think I delivered it." Dean says.

"You know, you—you could have led with 'dear diary'. You know?" Elena asks.

"Anyways, let's say you're right. Fine. Who would want virgins?" Sam asks.

"You got me. I prefer ladies with experience."

ST. MARY'S CENTER FOR CATHOLIC STUDIES
[ ☾]

Melissa and two other young women are walking together. Melissa goes in a different direction. Something swoops down from the sky and attacks her. "Aaaaaaaah!"

 "Aaaaaaaah!"