14

HARRY'S POV:

"Yes. He's the one who came to see me. Told us all we needed to know about this operation. He was trying to help one of them...all of them. We've been working on this ring for a few years now. We just couldn't get enough info. No one knew enough info to get us anywhere. But this guy.....he did it. He saved them all. And many more in the future. We found out about 3 more adoptions in the works, just tonight from in their office, destined for here and other locations we've found, thanks to his inside info...."

Fogginess floated me into consciousness. I felt like I had a hangover. My head hurt, and my face hurt. I'd been punched. I remember that. I knew where I was, and I knew what had happened. I'd fainted from the stress and exhaustion and realization of everything. And now I was awake again, having to deal with reality, and I didn't like it one single bit. No wonder Gwen liked to sleep so much. Nothing hurts when you're asleep.

I turned my head and opened my eyes slowly to see what was going on around me. I knew people were talking near me. I heard other voices. I heard a flurry of activity going on around me, like multiple people here and there.

As soon as I opened my eyes, a medic was looking down at me.

"Ello sir! Welcome back to us!" she said, way way WAY too happily for me.

Was she fvcking serious? A rage built inside me quickly. I just wanted to punch the happy out of her. Even though she was a girl. I wasn't in the fvcking mood right now. Why would she be so fvcking happy? AS.SHOLE......

"You should be fine. Just a bruise on your face, and a little egg on your head where you hit the floor when you passed out. I'll get you something to drink. Don't sit up until I come back, now, ok?" she said, being her merry, peppy, as.shole self.

I didn't answer her. I just looked at her with eyes that tried their hardest to shoot deadly lasers at her face. Gwen was gone. Dead. And she's acting like a fvcking cheer leader with me? They're all dead and she's even able to smi.........wait........them all........'he saved them all'........

Those words came into my head, from my very recent memory. My already watering eyes stopped producing tears for a second.

Who had said that? What did he mean? Did someone really say that? Or was it just a dream?

I was confused now, and I tried to sit up. I finally got myself up and looked around. People everywhere. Detectives. Police. NCA guys....all walking around doing their job. I noticed Jack standing a few feet from me. He was talking on the phone.

This place was done now. I knew that. Kitchen closed. Night work. Done.

That was good.

But Gwen....the other girls.......

"Here you are", the medic chick handed me a bottle of water and sat down next to me on the cot.

I was in the girls' bedroom. All their cots lined up. This is where they hardly ever slept. This was their dungeon. There across from me, was a cot with blood on it. Blood next to it on the ground, too. Blood where the middle of someone's body would be when they laid there. And blood down by where someone's legs would be.........GWEN.

My heart started beating fast, and I felt dizzy right away. The tears instantly resumed. They had beat her in her bed. Right there. That was her bed. That's where she laid all this time. All these years. Lonely and unloved. Scared and tortured. Never knowing if she'd live through the next day or not. Wondering what evil man would come every night to hurt her for his own pleasure. She didn't get to lay here much, though. She'd told me they only slept from about 6am till 11am or so.