62

HARRY'S POV:
(this is his version of what happened when he came home to find Gwen fighting with Lou, and about what happened after that. Don't worry, I don't repeat everything.)

As I walked out the door, I paused.

Could I really do this? Was I bloody MENTAL??

I just told my girlfriend and my best friend to....have at it, basically.

I've got to be the most fvcking lunatic God damned dumb as.s there is.

I closed the door, and took a deep breath. I willed myself to keep walking away from them, and somehow, I got to the car and pulled away.

I went to the studio. I knew no one would be there, in the room I was going to. Maybe later someone'd be there, but not right now.

I went into the control room and just sat there.

I put my feet up and lounged back in the comfy rolling chair. I stared at all the buttons and knobs and sliders and screens, and I just.....thought.

I thought of Gwen when I had first come home and seen her flipping out on Lou. She was out of it. She'd been forced back mentally, to the way I'd first found her in that place, almost. Thinking nothing of herself. Not believing that anyone could actually love her. It killed me to hear the things she said about herself. And it killed Louis. I watched him cry on the floor. I watched him literally flinch in pain at what she said about herself. He knew HE was the cause of her feelings, and it killed him inside. And I was glad. Because I'd talked to her SO many times...so many times to make her realize that she WAS lovable. She WASN'T trash. She WAS someone, just like everyone else in the world. She was important. And I made her see that I DID love her, and I DIDN'T think lowly of her like she thought. And Lou ruined all that in one sentence.

But I also knew why he said it. I knew how he made the mistake. I'd done it before. And it nearly cost Gwen her life. I worried what she'd be like this time, but after listening at the door, and hearing the reassuring speech Lou gave her....I knew she'd be fine.

Lou gave a GOOD fvcking speech, I had to admit. He said things I'd never thought to say. Gave examples I'd never thought of giving. It was good. And it worked like a charm.

She had completely forgiven him by the end, and I was relieved. Still pissed, steaming mad at him, but relieved for Gwen, and glad he could take care of the damage he'd done to her.

He was good! I'll give him that.

Hearing her calmed down and forgiving, soon made my anger dissipate. I felt much better not having to be SO angry with Lou. Although I felt like absolute SH.IT, having had to punch him. I lost it. I did. Well, not really. I mean, I knew I needed to punch him. Just for being so devastatingly STUPID as to say that to her. "She's one to talk" ???? REALLY, Louis?????? I cringed even now, just thinking of how that must have hurt her so, when it hit her ears. The shock she must have felt. And the hurt that probably came flooding into her entire body after realizing what he'd said. Yeah. He needed to be punched. Sorry. That was just an as.shole move. He destroyed my girlfriend.

When I lost it, is after I punched him and he was on the floor and I got on top of him and started punching more. THAT'S when I lost it. That's the part I regret. Not the part where I stood up for my girlfriend. Defended her honor. Protected her dignity. All that valiant stuff.

The part where I went punch crazy on my best friend is what I regret. I just....I was so freaked out and the look in Gwen's sad, tortured eyes had been too much for me. And Lou was the cause of that.

After he was already on the floor, I didn't need to do any more. But probably everything concerning Louis's crush on Gwen came pouring out of me in that moment also.