58

HARRY'S POV:

I was home today. Ahhhh. Gwen and I spent the morning having s.ex, as usual. We tried to be quieter this time, since Gwen heard first hand how loud it can be. It was hard to keep so quiet, and it took a lot of the fun out of it, but we tried our best. I'm sure you could still hear it, though. I need a carpeted apartment. Not just area rugs. I suppose that would help with the echos and the carrying of voices.

I fiddled around on the guitar for a while, waiting for Gwen to get done school in the kitchen.

Lou came out and joined me, and we talked and laughed about whatever, and just hung out. I wanted to ask him what he was mad at Gwen about, but I figured I'd give it another day...maybe he was just in a bad mood. Sad that he couldn't have her. I don't even know. I just didn't wanna say anything yet. We'd see how today went.

It didn't go very well, just an hour later. When the tutor left, and Gwen put her books away, she came to join us in the living room. She sat quietly on the sofa. I smiled at her, and kept listening to Lou's story he was telling me. He finished up his story, then said he was going out. He said it nicely, so that was good, but I couldn't help but notice he decided to leave just as Gwen came to join us.

Hmmmmm........

Was he mad at her for something? Or was he trying his hardest to stay away from her and talk himself out of loving her? I tended to believe the latter. I knew him too well.

After he left, I told her my guess as to why he was acting the way he was acting. Not that it makes it right if he was being nasty to her, though. He can try and fall out of love and still be nice. But I didn't really see his attitude much with her yet, so I'd have to see it for myself. I was NOT making THAT mistake again!! I needed to see him do something wrong before I got on his case this time. Heh!

In the meantime....

It was time to go somewhere. Anywhere. Time for our weekly trip for Gwen to gain experiences and discover the world around her. We'd done so many things in the past year, it was sometimes hard to find new things. But....I had a good idea, since she had mentioned that she'd never been on a train before. Well, on a train the CORRECT, and LEGAL way, that is. I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of that before, being as the train station was just a mile away from our flat.

So that was my plan for today. She agreed it was a good plan.

I could see her excitement as we bought tickets at the outdoor booth. She kept looking at a cargo train, and I figured it was either that one, or one just like it, that she and Lou had hopped the other night. I didn't say anything. I just let it go.

We took the train to as close as we could to where I grew up. To where my parents lived. And from there, they picked us up, and we spent the day with them. It was a pleasant day, filled with laughter and love. Corny, yes. But we all just.....got along well, and the day went smoothly. My mum's dinner always made me just plain happy in general, too. My parents loved meeting Gwen again, and they still didn't seem bothered by her back story. I hadn't seen them since I'd left the hospital, so I missed them a lot. Gina wasn't there, which was a bummer. Maybe next time.

The train ride on the way back was pretty. Watching the lights of different places go by, holding hands as we looked out the window, Gwen leaning on the window, and me leaning on her. When the people sitting across from us got off at their stop, we had the chance to snog a bit. I loved these sort of days. Just calm, peaceful, and spending it with the people I loved.

And then we got back to the flat.

Louis was drunk.

And half naked in the kitchen.