34

Another month or so later........

GWEN'S POV:

"Gwen! I got something in the mail here, you might want to see. Come 'ere....I gotta talk to ya", I heard Harry say when he walked in the door from getting the mail. I put down my straightener and brush and went out to the living room. I was pretty much done anyway. Fresh and clean after a lazy morning filled with s.ex with Harry. Morning s.ex was always the best. I don't know why. Maybe for me because it was just....different. I could see the sunlight in the windows, and 90% of the s.ex in my life had been at night, so it was nice to do it this way. For Harry, well...he woke every morning with a pee boner, but then it'd be right back up when he came back to bed and touched me. Or looked at me. Or walked by the bed. So yeah...we started taking care of that "problem".

It was Saturday, so I didn't have tutoring, and he wasn't going to work on recording his album like he'd been doing a lot these days.

"What is it?" I asked him, kinda a little concerned. What the hell could it be? The only mail I ever got was bills for the 3 credit cards Harry had me get, so I could work on making a credit history. He said he didn't see us ever breaking up, but he still thought of "what if we did?", so he always tried to make me ready for whatever life threw at me. I loved that he thought of these things for me. He's so perfect.

"Well......I wanna tell you something. I hope you're not mad at me, but I did something...for you....and now I've gotten results. You can chose what you want to do with the results. I know you kind of haven't really thought about it, but I have, and.....ok. I'll stop blabbing. I'm nervous.

Just remember....don't be mad at me, ok? It's nothing bad. It's just something I've given you the option of. And you can absolutely say no, and forget it forever, and I won't mind. Ok?" Harry explained and I could totally see the worry in his eyes.

Uh oh.....what the hell?? I started to shake a little bit. My stomach twisted into knots, and I couldn't for the life of me think of what the hell he was talking about.

"Um....ok? I guess.......but what the he.ll did you do? You have my entire body in a panic now, thanks." I told him.

"Ok", he took a deep breath and looked up from the open envelope in his lap. I noticed it looked like a lot of writing, but I couldn't see it much. He had opened it and read it while he was at the mail box downstairs, which would be why he took longer getting the mail today. I thought maybe he'd stopped to talk to a neighbor.

"Come ON Harry!!! I'm dying here!" I rushed him now. I'd had it with the nerves already.

"Ok", he said again. I was gonna fvcking kill him if he said the word "ok" again. "So, a few weeks ago, I hired a private investigator, and....he found your......your mother."

I gasped a little bit, but kept staring at him, letting him finish.

"He gave me her address, and I wrote to her", he told me, and paused to check for any reactions. There were none. I just wanted him to finish. But I was getting a little less nervous now, knowing it wasn't something that had to do with Harry and I's relationship or a trial for killing someone or something horrible. I was pretty sure where he was going with this.

"She just wrote me back", he said, looking down at the letter in his lap, then back up at me. "She would like to meet you, if you would like to meet her."

I sat there staring at Harry, then down at the letter, then to the side of Harry a little bit, then back at him, then to the other side, then back to his eyes......I didn't quite know what to say, really.

I hadn't really thought about meeting my mother, as Harry said. She didn't love me. She left me when I was a few days old. And that was that.

But now she said she wants to meet me?