16

A/N: Oh, I wanted to say, that I have NO medical knowledge or anything, so I'm just trying to be as logical as I can about Gwen's injuries and her treatments and all that.
I know they're probably all wrong and stuff, but just.....for the sake of the story, go with it, okay? Cause...it's just a story. I tried.

Also, I'm from the USA, and I've never stepped foot off of this continent, meaning, I have never been to England, but that's where this story takes place. So I'm trying to use as many British terms and stuff that I know. So sorry if I'm wrong about stuff. I know there's sooo many more that would make the story more British, but...I don't know any more! So just go with that, too. Thanks.

HARRY'S POV:

Fifteen days had gone by. Fifteen days since Gwen left her hell dungeon. Fifteen days that she'd been laying in that hospital bed, in a medically induced coma, to allow her body to heal. She'd had sooo many things wrong with her, so many injuries....and she almost didn't make it in the first place, so there she laid. For fifteen days.

Today was day number sixteen. They said yesterday, they'd be starting to pull her out of the coma today. I wanted to be here for this.

Her bruised body had healed by now. Her arm moved correctly whenever the therapy nurse came and did her "exercises". Even her leg was doing pretty good. By the time she got out of here, IF she got out of here, they said she'd probably be able to walk with a boot. Her bullet wound had healed. Her stab wound was nothing more than an inch long stitches spot now. Her concussion was ancient history by now too. This was all good news.

She showed good vital and neurological signs during testing while still asleep, so the doctors were optimistic about her recovery. But of course, they didn't know for sure. Her concussion had been a pretty severe one. And together with all the trauma of that horrible day...who knows what she'd remember when she woke up.

I had barely slept last night. I was so nervous and excited for Gwen to wake up.

I had spent the past fifteen days visiting her whenever I could. Humming to her whenever I could. Talking to her. Telling her to fight and be strong like she always had been, and pull through so she could start her new life with her friends. I told her about the girls, and how they were doing. I'd visited them one more time a week ago, just to say hi. It was sort of for me...I was feeling really down and desperate for a few days, feeling like Gwen would never come out of this and be ok. So I visited the girls, to see them being normal young girls, making progress, becoming happy women. It made me feel good to see them thrive. It felt good to see that what I did helped SOMEONE, if not Gwen yet. And I needed something to make me feel good. It worked. I left there with plenty more hugs, and well wishes for Gwen, and a better outlook, knowing that I had helped someone, at least. Such nice girls they all are. Such sh.it that they were treated so badly all this time.

I leaned on Gwen's bed on my elbows, with my knees in the chair beside her bed, like I always did. I wanted to lay in bed next to her, but I was always afraid to move her body and do any damage.

I leaned over her and rested the side of my cheek on the side of her head, and softly hummed more songs for her with my mouth pointed down near her ear, like I always did.

I did this while waiting for the doctors to come in and stop the medicine keeping her in permanent sleep. I was so fvcking nervous, I couldn't even eat last night or this morning. I could finally stop picturing me giving her a kiss, and her eyes opening and she'd sit up and she'd run off into the sunset and be free.......yeah. I've seen Sleeping Beauty. I've seen Snow White. I know stuff about fantasies. Hell...her life was a lot like Cinderella, even! She's like one big Disney princess story! Only...a little more dark.