18

GWEN'S POV:

I started to hyperventilate. I started crying. The lady who was gonna drive wasn't prepared for my reaction to getting on the bus. I refused. I just couldn't get myself to get into that vehicle. I'd gotten willingly into a vehicle before, and it took me to a hell I'd have to live through for 10 years. (I now knew, thanks to Harry's research.)  And everyone told me it'd be great. Everyone was happy for me. Did they know where I would go? I didn't want to think so....but I didn't trust anyone, I suddenly just realized.

I stood there crying, and breathing heavy, as the driver tried her gentle best to coax me into the bus.

Tears were falling on my phone, I noticed when I looked down.

My phone.

Harry.

I knew he just left, but....I couldn't. I couldn't.

I needed him here. What if the bus sped up and lost him on the road? Would he know how to find me? What if someone blocked him as the bus took me far away to another life of hell?

Was I just panicking needlessly?

I felt crazy. And I didn't like this.

I just didn't trust ANYONE.

Except Harry.

Before I knew what I was doing, I had Harry's number pressed on my phone.

He answered quickly.

"Gwen?"

"Harry....I......" I was crying into the phone. I was hysterical. I couldn't even barely get the words out.

"I....I can't, Harry. I can't...." I just kept saying as I sobbed. The driver tried to put her arm around me, but I pushed her away in my hysterics. I felt bad doing it, but I couldn't help it.

I happened to look up, and there was Harry. He was across the parking lot, running towards me.

He was running and putting his phone into his pocket as he ran.

The bus driver noticed what I was looking at, and she waved him over, and walked into the bus and sat down, since she wasn't getting anywhere with me.

Harry rushed to me and pulled me into his arms as I stood there being hysterical, still holding my phone up to my ear, my other hand pulling my hair tightly on the side of my head.

Being in his arms did the trick. I started to feel better instantly. His arms were like...home.

"There there.........It's alright.......it's ok baby...." Harry whispered to me as I cried in his arms.

I felt him take my phone away from my ear where I still held it and I felt him slip it into the back pocket of my jeans. (he had brought me clothes a few days ago, so I'd have something "cool" to leave the hospital in. He truly thought of everything.)

With my new free hand, I wrapped around Harry tightly and began apologizing to him. "I'm sorry Harry....I'm sorry.......I didn't.....I can't......I'm........I'm just sorry...." I kept saying, not knowing what I was actually trying to say.

He didn't talk or try to ask me questions now. He simply held me until my sobs died down and my tears subsided.

Finally, after a long time, I lifted my head from his chest and looked up at him, as my signal that he can ask me what was the matter.

"Scared to get in a car and be taken somewhere again?" Harry suprised me by saying. How did he know!?

"Yes." I wimpered at the ground.