60

GWEN'S POV:

Harry turned and shut the door behind him. I heard his footsteps faintly out into the living room, where I heard him pick up his keys from the floor. He must have dropped them when he came in and heard me spazzing.

He really did leave us here! Holy shit? Harry??? I started shaking. Why was I shaking? I thought of how confident Harry was about my love for him. How he'd just said that I was NEVER going to change my mind. I'd finally gotten through to him. He finally realized that I loved HIM, because of reasons that Louis could never live up to. Reasons that I didn't even know. I just knew they were there.

He finally believed me 100% that I would never replace him with Louis. Finally!!

A single tear rolled down my cheek at this thought. I was happy. Happy that I could make Harry finally feel and understand the love I feel for him. This made everything feel better about this day. I wanted to jump up and run out to his car and grab Harry and smother him with my love and kisses and happiness.

But I had other business to attend right now.

I wondered how long Lou would be gone when he left us today. Where would he go? Would he keep in touch? Would he text me back if I texted him to see how he was? Would Harry get over his anger tonight? And Louis could come back tomorrow? If he didn't stop loving me yet, would he be able to consciously hide it enough to come back and not piss Harry off?

Louis has nowhere to go.....would he sleep on a train tonight? In the woods?

I felt horrible for him.
But....he did make a mistake. A painful, hurtful mistake for all three of us. Maybe it WAS best that he stay at Paul's or somewhere for a while, so things could cool down and we could all be close friends again. Friends that would do anything for each other if needed. ANYTHING. As we all had done before.

I was also relieved that Harry told Lou that he loved him. That he wouldn't make Lou walk out the door today thinking he was hated by his best friend. I was happy that Harry said "WHEN" I forgive you. "WHEN" I stop being angry. "WHEN" you come back.....that was a relief.

A hand waved in front of my face. I turned to Louis.

"Huh? Let me guess...you were talking to me, right?" I asked, feeling silly, but still trying to put my thoughts aside. I wasn't done thinking yet. I was still basking in relief all around. Relief and happiness. But I had to stop it for now, and deal with Lou.

"Yeah, I called your name like 3 times", Louis laughed at me.

Looking at him now, I could see the relief in his face, too. I could see it in his body. His shoulders didn't sag so much now. He laughed already, so that was good. He was able to smile his normal, easy Louis smile. He had hope now. He had relief that Harry didn't dismiss him forever. He knew they were still friends, but just needed a break from each other for a day...or a week....maybe a month? I didn't know. I hoped it wasn't long.

Harry would miss him.

I'd miss him.

"So...wow, huh?" Lou tried to break the awkwardness that was creeping up now. We were both left in a room, and told to kiss and be mushy and "do whatever we needed to do". How awkward is THAT?? Was this like that 7 minutes in Heaven game I'd heard of?

"Yeah", I laughed a little, not able to hide my awkwardness at ALL. "Definitely....wow, right there."

"I'm so glad he's going to forgive me. And it shouldn't be long, because he already knows he'll forgive me, and it's only been like...an hour? So that's a good sign. I know Harry. It won't be long. We've gotten in arguments before. Gotten in wrestling match fights, too. Nothing like this one, though. He actually punched me. That was a first.