66

GWEN'S POV:

When I got into bed, Harry opened his eyes and turned to me, laying his arm across me. I could only see his face a little bit in the moonlight, but it looked like he was smiling at me.

"I'm so tired, babe. You kept me up too late", he whispered, kissing me on the cheek.

"Me? You went to bed long ago!"

"Yeah, but I woke up to pee a little while ago, and due to the open window and hearing Lou go to his room while I was peeing, I couldn't help but overhear you and my mum talking", he smiled again at me, I was pretty sure.

"Echhh. You heard all that? What'd you spy out the window like a creeper?"

He laughed, "No, actually...I went back to bed, but my open window is right above the deck, so....heard it! Sorry, not sorry!" He poked me playfully around the belly.

"I was nervous enough coming here and having to face her watchful eye, and I thought I was getting away with it, but then.......blaaaaah!!!! So nerve wracking!" I held his hand so he couldn't poke me anymore.

"Yeah, well, you handled it PERFECTLY, babe. You really did. I felt bad for you as soon as I heard her bring it up. I thought of coming down and saying I couldn't sleep, just to save you from the conversation."

"Why DIDN'T YOU!!?? Harry! You ALWAYS save me! This would have been a PERFECT time!"

"Because I can't save you forever! And besides...I know my mum loves you, and she was just testing you to make sure your intentions are honorable for her son. Hahaha...."

"Thanks a LOT. Remember all that best boyfriend ever stuff I told you?" I teased.

"Hahahah......I knew whatever you'd say to her, would make her happy. Because you'd just be honest. And you HONESTLY love me more than your own life, so....there's nothing you could say wrong!" he said, having a point, I suppose.

"Yeah, well...I was really nervous!"

"You really wouldn't eventually be with Lou if you couldn't be with me?"

"Hell no. I mean...if I hadn't ever met you, sure. But....no one can ever fill your shoes for me, Harry. You know all this."

"So I guess my whole 'leaving you to Lou' thing, when I was going to die...that was just wasted breath?"

"I told you it was. I had EVERY intention of joining you in....the afterlife or whatever, the first chance I got. Though as you begged me, I thought I'd just let you die with some peace of mind, and act like I'd take Lou and live happily ever after, and remember you. But HELL NO", I admit to Harry.

"Great. Now if I ever face death again, you just ruined it for me. I'll die broken hearted, knowing that you'll kill yourself soon after, and not live out the rest of your life spending my money and fvcking my best friend.... Now I know your tricks, and it'll tear me to pieces and I'll die with a frown on my face" Harry frowned now....to show me what his frown would look like. Now that my eyes were adjusted to the dark better, I could see him quite well.

"Sh.it! Well....now you'll know you won't have to wait long for me? Doesn't that make it any better?" I tried to think of the bright side for him.

"Nope. I didn't risk my life trying to save yours, TWICE now, so you could throw it all away. I'm actually serious, even though I'm joking right now", he said. "Now I'll just have to give Louis specific directions to put you in a padded room...and spend my money on you and screw you in there instead, to make sure he keeps you alive."

"Oh my GOD, Harry! You are like....hell bent on Louis having se.x with me! Does it turn you on? Some guys like that, you know. I've.....had them as clients."