Chapter 17

I made my way to the door leading into the apartment and pushed my way inside. It was silent until I walked farther down the corridor to the bedrooms. I could hear guitar strums being played and hums of lyrics being sung.

I opened the door revealing Van on his bed with his guitar. He looked up at me and I could see pain, love, confusion, and tears. He didn't say anything but look down at his note book and began playing a good, yet unfamiliar, tune.

"You know when you're gone I struggle at night
Dreams of you fucking me all the time
And I know you're tied up
And I know your phone's fucked
I'm craving your calls like a soldier's wife

I wanna bring you home myself
Bring you home myself

Come back, move in, mess my place
Chest infect me, waste my days
Cause I know you love to drive me up the wall
I know you love to drive me up the wall

I wanna bring you home myself
Bring you home myself

And I'm so impatient when you're not mine
I just want to catch up on all the lost times
And I'll say I'm sorry if I sound sordid
Cause all I really ever want is you

Offer my hand and I'll take your name
Share my shower, kiss my frame
Cause I wanna carry all of your children
And I wanna call them stupid shit"

He finshed playing and I was in tears yet again. The song was absolutely beautiful yet near the end a little ironic of what I was dealing with. I walked over to him and sat down in front of him. He looked at me with such sad eyes I couldn't explain.

He reached over grabbing my hand and I started sobbing.

"I'm sorry I acted the way I did I'm so sorry" He wiped away my tears and set his things aside.

"It's okay I understand" he whispered rubbing his thumb gently across my skin.

I looked down at my hand then back up to Van. I bit my lip and looked from his eyes to his mouth. I craved that feeling so badly I couldn't stand it. He must have got the jester as he smiled then went in for a kiss. After a second of pure bliss he pulled away and rested his head against mine.

"Van.."I whispered as my heart quickened pace and I felt my palms starting to become sweaty.

"Yes love?" Van softly said and I sat up to look him in the eyes.

"I need to tell you something" I told him as my heart began to beat faster and faster.

Van must have noticed my seriousness by the tone in my face and gained composer. He looked concerned as I usually never was that serious.

"I've um well earlier I was being overly sensitive about the whole thing I should have just talked to you but that's a side note but umm the past couple days I've noticed something wasn't right and it's not you or me" Van flashed a look like he was scared in his eyes "um well sorts but point being there's a chance of uh.."

"Oh what love? Tell me what is it?"He grabbed my hand giving it a gentle squeeze to tell me that everything was okay.

"I-I might be um well ya know..50/50 chance that I'm...expecting?" I shut my eyes as I hurriedly told him the last part.

Not hearing anything I opened my eyes to reveal a shocked looking Van. I knew I wasn't out of the woods yet.

"Please"I started to cry "say something please, are-are you mad" I wiped the tear away and he shook his head.

"No,how could I be mad" he finally met my eyes and I thought to see a little sparkle but I wasn't sure "there's a chance that there is a little Van Mccann in there"

His hand went to my stomach and set it there in pure amazement. I smiled and began crying more but this time happy tears. He looked at me and his smile faded.

"Love, love are you okay?"He wiped the tears away making sure I was okay but I shook my head yes wiping the tear too.

"Yes I'm just fine I'm just so happy" Van aww'ed at me and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm glad your happy about it too now we just need to figure out if theirs one in their"

Van gave me a kiss before we laid down. I laid down on my back and he propt himself up laying on his side. He gently lifted my shirt up as I was the most fragile piece of glass in the world. He then grazed his fingers across my stomach. I looked at his eyes and he looked so amaze as if it was a child being given a lollipop.

"The chance that you could be having a child and my child just wow...it's amazing to think ya know?I promise though that I'll be a great father like my dad actaully...even better than my dad and we can find a place of our own but keep Larry and the lids near by or move somewhere with all the lids and then once he or she reach at least a year old we could take them on tour and wow then....but if it's true I need to marry ya it will only be proper"

I looked at him as he rambled on about the future...our future. It was like a sloppy love story but everything he said sounded perfect.....for now.