Chapter 43

《 VAN 》

Her parents threw a fit but Jameson took his chance to come see her. He walked in a few after I did and his eyes darted to her bed. He looked at his little sister and slowly walked over. He grabbed the chair on the other side of her bed and sat down. Jameson grabbed her hand as he looked as if he was about to cry.

"What happened?" He all but mumbled looked at her "you're all grown and such..you look stunning even for being in a accident" he sadly smiled as he talked to her, as if she could hear everything he was saying.

Looking from her then up to my eyes he finally spoke to me "what happened? What caused this?" He asked me as I felt myself shaking a bit.

"S-she flew in to see me and apologize for something she did...she turned to leave as I hadn't said anything...t-the driver came flying itno the driveway...I yelled her name and she turned around but it was too late" Tears ran down my face but I didn't care.

That horrifying scene kept playing my mind on repeat and even in my dreams. Lyla's eyes who looked at me for a split second replayed in my mind.

Jameson then looked back at his sister who didn't even know he was here.

~~

The Ride is going to be released next month as its now April. April 14th to be exact. We've been on tour a bit and tonight we play Hull arena. Lyla is still back in America with Jameson watching over her. Any decision regarding her I still made them but he was there just incase she woke up.

I hated being away from her and Charlie. He'd taken the news in a child like way. That meant he didn't understand besides mummy was going to be away for a bit. I felt like my world was falling apart. People told me I hadn't been acting the same but I couldn't tell them. Only close people know but no one else. A journalist asked me the other day if I was okay and I just said yes. I didn't want anyone to know about Lyla, the fact I have a child, also I was engaged.

It was the only way to keep them safe in my eyes. Once I wanted to I'd tell the world about it but for now I had to keep it in

We took the stage playing our usual songs and two new ones. (A/N: I think they played two new ones or maybe just one but I can't remember) the show was like any other till I got off stage.

I turned on my phone as I got a beer to see 50 missed calls. All from the same person which meant it could be one of two things. I quickly called back and after ringing twice they picked up.

"Van?!..Get here quick!!"