Chapter 39

《 Van 》

Everyone had gone to bed but Charlie had woke back up. Lyla who needed her sleep carried on sleeping and I liked after Charlie. Currently I sat on one of the recliners in the living room with Charlie in one hand snuggled into my chest and a beer in the other.

My dad and I sat watching the Van Morrison Bootleg we watched every year as Wavelength played out. It was a tradition to have one beer, watch Van Morrison, and just talk. I hoped someday to do the same with Charlie. Well him being awake that is.

"So what's the next step since you're now engaged?" My dad asked and I looked over at him.

I shrugged "we plan to buy a big house so the band including Larry can live with us..otherwise we're going to get everything together"

He smiled and nodded looking back at the TV. We sat for a few moments till my dad spoke yet again.

"Make me a promise" my dad spoke and looked back over at him as I adjusted Charlie a bit.

"Yeah, anything ya need" I looked at him as seriousness played over his face.

"I know your job is hard and your relationships get tough while you're on the road.. just promise me to never ever let her go,okay? The way you look at each other is a look I've never seen a couple give each other..I mean it Ryan Evan McCann I really and truly mean it..you'll both make mistakes which some will be huge and others small but we're humans all the same so you'll have to work then out"

I took all of my dad's words to heart as I did almost all of the time. I mean as a kid I'd disagree with him but on to get him fired up. Today made sure not too and I was to stick to that promise.

"I promise dad I won't..I'm absolutely in love with her"

He smiled widely "Good"