Chapter 24

We all stared at each other, none of us saying anything as we sat at a table in the Café. No one knew where to start and to be honest I could see why. Van didn't ever know his own child and we'd all grown up in some way. We'd gone on living a different life style.

"So um... Lyla" Benji spoke as he sat up in his seat "how are you?" He asked me this giving a genuine smile that I'd missed.

"I'm um good ya know working and such...nothing else really" they all cocked their eyebrows at me.

Unless I'd gotten a abortion, obviously I didn't, I'd have a kid...Vans kid may I add. They all looked at each other like they were waiting for someone to ask about Vans kid.

"I'm going out for a smoke" Van said abruptly then walked out the Café. The guys then all turned to me.

"I-I'm going out too" I got up and exited the building finding Van leaning with his back against the wall.

The moon light glistened on his hair as he lit his ciggie. I stood beside him doing the same as we breathed in our cancer sticks. We both stood there for a couple minutes before finally spoke up.

"So where are they?" He asked looking into the sky before looking at the ground.

"Who?" I asked not putting two and two together.

"You know who I'm talking about" Van said bitterly and angry throwing his ciggie on the ground, stomping it out.

I looked at him with fear which made him soften up "I'm sorry I'm just.." I cut him off.

"I understand...you can um meet them if ya want...I mean...obviously you can " I scratched the back of my kneck and he nodded.

"Sounds good...the lids and I are umm currently sharing an apartment not too far from here so if you'd like I'll come by tomorrow or vice versa?"Van asked and I nodded.

"Mine will work... here" I held my phone out for him so he could put his number in which he accepted.

We stood out there for a bit more before returning inside. They didn't stay long after before bidding goodbye. As they left I caught one last glance from Van that made me feel like I did two years ago. It made me feel young and alive. We both smiled at each other once it happened. He gave me a wink and I blushed.

I waved and he waved back before they all dissappeared into the dark night. I thought about all that had happened and was amazed. I never thought I'd ever see them again and I never thought Charlie would ever meet his dad. I also never thought I'd still feel the same about him.