Chapter 35

《 LYLA 》

No one had seen Van all day nor did he answer my calls. I was worried that something bad had happened to him which I felt Charlie sensed a bit. He kept giving me hugs and baby kisses. Almost dinner time he then started calling for Van as well as started screaming for him yelling "Da-Da" over and over.

Once he's home he's gonna get an ear full...

My worry soon became frustration and anger. Dinner soon was over and mid night approached. Everyone slowly stopped waiting eventually it was just Benji and I.

"Why isn't he home?" I asked him on the verge of tears fearing the worst.

"Sometimes Van does this..he disappears for a day just clear his mind it's not you its just stress from the album we have to continue recording as well as keeping his family happy" Benji reassured me but what caught me was album.

"Album?" I questioned and he gave a regretful look as if he wasn't supposed to say anything.

"Yeah we have to flight out to LA for about two weeks to finish it up and we're leaving the 3rd week of January" Benji explained to me and I just nodded.

"Oh" I finally said as I wrapped my arms around Benji who put his arms around me.

I appreciated that fact he was so brotherly with me yet it made me miss Jameson. I started to cry feeling as if the world was piling on top of me. I kept the tears silent as I didn't wanna worry Benji too much. Soon they stopped and Benji fell asleep. I unraveled myself from his grip and laid him down on the couch. I grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch draping it over him.

I then went upstairs quickly grabbing my phone, purse, and jacket. I left a note then left the house. I didn't know where I was going but I decided to visit my old house. When I arrived lights resonated through the house leaving me surprised. I walked up to the house and looked through the windows. I want trying to be creepy I was just curious to who was living there.

A young couple with a daughter slightly resembling myself as a small child. I smiled before leaving quickly and back down the street. I made myself to the bar the lads played in at times. It was filled with young people about my age hoping that someone would play something on stage. It seems that the gig who was supposed to be there canceled by the way the people were talking.

"WELL WE NEED SOMEONE TO PLAY!" I'm guessing to be the owner screamed to the bartender who I remembered from two years ago.

He shrugged his shoulders as what was he supposed to do. The owner was irate and frustrated.

"I'll do it" I blurted out making both men look at me.

"You'll preform?" He owner asked as the bartender recognized me.

"Yeah...I can play quite a few songs...do ya have any instruments?" Before either could say anything the guy beside me piped up.

"I'll have a band!" He said excitedly "well sorta...we just lost our lead singer and we were passing through in our van outside..if ya want we could get with this lass here and come up with something"

I looked from the lad beside me about 20 and to the owner who seemed desperate.

"Fine.. I'll give you all a half n hour to set up and get warmed up but nothing more" he then stormed off and I looekd back at the lad beside me.

He had shaggy brown hair and deep brown eyes to match. "I'm Max and you are love?"

"Lyla Cobain"

He looked around the bar before looking back at me smiling "well follow me so I can find the rest of the band so we can figure out what we're doing..by the way were a shite Arctic Monkeys"

I smiled back at him "then I'll fit right in"

We then found the rest of his band. He was the lead guitarist with back up vocals, a girl named Kelly who played bass, and a drummer named Matt who ironically was the same name of the drummer for the Arctic monkeys. We all got together and quickly unloaded the equipment. While doing so they filled me in what there band played and what I should expect.

We made and very quick set list consisting of covers of all of our favorite bands which consisted of: Arctic monkeys(Obviously), The kooks, and The Strokes. Quickly in 10 minutes we all warmed up before hitting the stage. I wasn't all that nervous but a part of me was just a bit.

I walked up to the mic with a guitar they lent me as everyone got set up. Their guitar techs Mark and Isabella hurriedly help set up last minute things. No one was speaking to the crowd as their old singer must have done all the talking so I took the time to do so.

"How's a everyone tonight" I asked as Isabella plugged my guitar in and I did a couple chords just hearing the sound of it. Eveyone all crowded around the stage with curiosity and what seemed to be familiarity with the band. "You might be familiar with the band but I'm the lead singer for the night.. Anyways I hope you enjoy and we are 'The Mystics'"