2.-Baby News-

Richard looked around to see if she's there yet. He doesn't know what's the reason behind him feeling a little nervous but he likes it. He never felt this for anyone else before. It's a mixture of excitement and uncertainty. It makes him feel like a 6 yr. old kid attending his first day at kindergarten ... this weird feeling makes him feel as innocent as a kid. RJ couldn't deny it anymore, there is just something about Maine that messes up his dynamics. And he can't wait to see the things that will happen next. 

A few minutes later , a cab stopped right in front of the coffee shop where he is in. RJ stood up as he saw Maine come out of the cab. She's wearing a pink floral top with a blue mini skirt. She looks amazing. 

The moment Maine entered the shop, RJ already displayed his killer smile ... hoping to quickly make her knees weak. But it obviously did not work. Maine smiled uncomfortably at him. 

"You look pretty" he uttered, giving her his usual 'first step'.

"Thanks ... um ... can I get my book?" she asked. RJ immediately noticed the changes in her. She's not as spontaneous like she was that night they met. It did raise some questions inside his mind. 

"Here it is" he replied before handing the psychology book back to her. Maine then smiled and asked him what can she do to repay his good deed. 

"Can you stay and talk over a coffee with me?" she asked. 

"Sige" she answered. "Good" RJ thought to himself, already sensing that this will be yet another long and steamy night for him. 

---

The moment Maine got her book back she had thought of telling him about her pregnancy. However, she got sidetracked. Now here they are , on what looks like a proper date. 

"So you mean .... you're studying at Plymouth University?" he asked. 

"Oo ... bakit?"

"That's my Alma Mater!" he said happily. "Really? cool" she replied. Maine's heart started beating fast, she cannot wait to tell him that their wild sex encounter several weeks ago has resulted in a baby inside her womb. "Maine .... okay ka lang?" he then asked  after noticing how uncomfortable she is. 

"Ah ... ah" she can't talk properly. Not because she forgot how to , but because her heart is already pounding. She needs to tell him the truth. "Are you okay? do you want anything? water?" he offered.

"Excuse me" that's all she replied before standing up and quickly making her way towards the comfort room. As soon as Maine got inside, she breathed a sigh of relief. The young lady then  looked at herself on the mirror, "You can do this .... you have to do this" she uttered before stepping out of the room once again. 

"Tell me what's wrong" Richard told her the moment she sat down on her seat once again. "Can we ... can we take a walk outside?" she asked him. 

"Oh okay" he replied. As soon as the two exited the shop and started walking their way towards the nearby park, Maine felt the air becoming thinner by the second. 

"Maine ... tell me ... is everything okay?"

"Actually ... it's not" she answered, finally getting the courage to tell him the truth. 

"Is it me? sorry if I came too strong for you" he immediately apologized. "No .. hindi ikaw ... let me show you this" she replied before pulling out her pregnancy test form the bag she's carrying. 

"Two lines? what's the meaning of this?" she asked. 

"Buntis ako RJ .... and .... and ikaw ang ama" 

"You're kidding right?" he asked with nothing but nervousness in his voice. "Hindi eh" she replied. Then the unthinkable happened. Maine witnessed as the light in his eyes went out. "I'm gonna be a father" that's all he was able to say before he passed out and landed on the cold hard cement floor. 

"RJ!" 

---

"RJ? ... wake up RJ? please" he can hear that familiar voice calling him. He opened his eyes and the first thing he saw is her beautiful face looking down on him. RJ immediately sat up and asked her what happened. 

"Hinimatay ka" 

"Oo nga no" he whispered before he stood up completely. While wiping the dirt off of his clothes, he remembered what she had just told him. 

"Maine .... you're .... you're pregnant?" he asked. 

"Oo" 

"How? I mean .... how can you be so sure that I am the father of that? We barely know each other" he answered, slowly losing his interest in her. Richard is putting up a calm front but deep inside he's already panicking. He can't be a father yet ... he's too young to be one. 

"You're the last guy I slept with within the past several months ... we also had unprotected sex ... and ..."

"And what?" he asked, ready to flaw her story. Richard has forgotten about what he's feeling earlier this evening. there's no way in this world that he will let himself get tied down by a girl he just shared a one night stand with. 

"Bakit di ka makapag-salita? Siguro dahil masaya ka na dahil napikot mo ko no? sabi ko na nga ba pera lang habol mo sa akin eh" he told her, only to receive a hard slap on the side of his face. 

"Gago ka pala eh. Tangina mo naman kung sa tingin mo yun yung habol ko. Hindi pera ang habol ko sa'yo hoy. Hindi porke amboy ka ... hindi porke may pera ka eh yun na lang ang habol nang lahat sa'yo. Gusto ko eh panindigan mo yung ginawa mo sa akin. Panagutan mo ang magiging anak mo yun lang ... gusto kong magkaroon nang tatay ang anak ko. Yun lang" she tearfully replied before adding "Pero salamat na rin ... salamat dahil binalik mo yung libro ko ... salamat dahil pinakita mong hinding hindi ka pwedeng maging tatay sa magiging supling mo  ...  pero higit sa lahat salamat sa iyo .... salamat dahil nasira natin ang buhay ko". 

Still shocked with her slap, RJ just stood there as a tearful Maine walked away. 

---

"Gago siya ..." she thought to herself while walking back to the main road. She already expected that this would happen ... that he would reject the baby and all but the thing is, she never prepared herself for the pain. 

Maine kept her head down that's why she was unable to see the guy approaching. Maine bumped into him and so she immediately apologized. She was about to walk away when he suddenly grabbed her arm, preventing her from doing so. 

"Sir ... bitiwan niyo po ako" she told him, getting nervous and a little hurt because of his grip. 

"Wag ka munang umalis miss ... samahan mo muna ako ... magsasaya tayo"

"Oh crap ..... tulong! tulong!" 

---

that's it for this part guys , what do ya think? do you want moooooore?