24.-What I Like About You-

"Dude, just say it. You like her already" Chris told RJ after the young lad relayed to him everything that happened over the past few days. Even though he doesn't like admitting it, RJ knows he needs a very good advice from him. Believe it or not, Chris is an expert when it comes to the heart department. 

"Nah, I don't like her  ... at least not it  the way you're trying to imply" he answered before ordering his favorite drink. 

"What do you think I'm trying to imply?  ... Dude, I just said I think you like her .. that's it" 

"Sus, ulol mo" RJ replied while looking at his phone, it's been hours already and yet Maine still has not texted him. It made him think that maybe she got pissed off because of his refusal to answer her question. 

"Waiting for your crush to text you back, check" Chris whispered. 

"Dude , one more word and I swear I will fucking cut you" RJ uttered, making his best friend laugh.

"Why don't you just admit it then?. Come on now man, you two have been together for months and even if Sebastian is making his move on her you cannot deny that you two are getting awfully closer than ever and God knows a girl and a boy can't be just friends." 

RJ can feel his cheeks getting hotter, he knows the truth but he will not address it ... at least not until the timing feels right and perfect. 

"I can't do that with Maine, Chris" 

"Why?" 

"She's different" 

"Oh crap, you love her already" 

"Fuck you, no" RJ replied before downing his coffee. After doing so, the two left the bar and started heading towards the market. 

"Anong bibilhin mo sa palengke?" Chris asked him. 

"Mangga" 

The young guy might look calm outside but there's already a raging storm inside of him. Tons of thoughts are once again racing in his head, telling him things he doesn't want to hear. The consequences of not taking his medications are slowly rising up and it made him realize that he can never really get away from who he really is. 

"Mangga? For what?" 

"Dito naglilihi si Maine di ba? Peace offering bro ... peace offering" he replied with a smile on his face. 

"Peace offering lang ba talaga?" 

"I hate you Chris ... God, I hate you so much" 

"It's okay ... I love you too dude" 

RJ burst into laughter before pushing his best friend away from him. 

--

Later that morning, Mamita paid Maine a visit after she told her the issue with RJ. The young girl's heart is pounding so hard against her chest it's starting to hurt a bit. Maine is pretty sure that RJ will get mad at her for telling Mamita he's not taking his meds, but she also  knows it's  the right thing to do. 

"Maine, kumusta naman kayo dito. You're not being bitten by mosquitoes, right?" Mamita asked, concerned for her welfare. 

"Di naman po Mamita , we're very fine. Nga po pala, fiesta na po dito two days from now ... punta po kayo" Maine told her, hoping to light up the conversation's mood. 

"We will" the oldest Faulkerson uttered with a smile on her face. The two then heard the sound of a vehicle pulling up right in front of the house, making the both of them turn and see RJ as he gets out of his car.