39.- Rest Your Love -

Maine's heart jumped the moment her father came to her view. The stern look on his face sent shivers down her spine. She glanced at RJ , hoping to see him nervous as well. Surprisingly, he's not. The proud smirk on his face clearly tells how happy and content he is at the moment, very far from what she's currently feeling.

"Pa, bakit andito kayo?" she asked him.

"Surprise ka sana namin kaso mukhang ako ang na-surprise ah." he answered, making her blush.

Mr. Mendoza then gave both of them a very chilling look. Maine tightened her grip on RJ's hand before she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Kayo na ba?" her father asked her.

"Uh .... opo?"

"Kayo na? alam na ba ng nanay mo 'to?"

"Pa, hindi pa. Ngayon ko pa lang siya sinagot."

" Ayos yan!" he told them happily. Maine was only able to let out a sigh of relief after her father raised his hand and asked for a high five. Him wanting RJ to be his future son-in-law has never been this obvious.

"Kelan kasal?" Kelsey then asked them.

"Sapok, gusto mo?" she asked her best fried.

"Ayaw, siyempre. Hi, Tito!" she greeted.

"Hi din sa'yo."

"Hey guys ... finally, you two are together." Chris then commented, surprising everyone.

"Gosh dude, I thought you died in the car." RJ then uttered, making them laugh. Maine found her Dad, RJ and Chris's arrival at the same time a little too suspicious and so she asked what's going on.

"We have a late-birthday surprise for you."

"What is it?"

"Come out here, love." RJ uttered before pulling her towards the door. As soon as Maine reached their front step, she quickly saw an extra car. Her heart dropped, she knew exactly what it meant.

"A car? oh my gosh Ricardo ... bakit ka bumili ng ganito? ilang cabinet tsaka cooking ware na 'to ah? Oy, yung cabinet nga pala di mo pa naitatayo."

"Calm down! I will."

Maine took a deep breath before she asked her Dad if this is real. "Oo nak, pero dapat mong malaman na hindi brand new yan ah." her father answered.

"What? Hi-hindi bago?"

"I didn't buy you a car. Your father got an old car and we re-modeled it to ... this."

That's when it started sinking in on her. Fixing this car is what they've been doing for the past couple of months.

"So, eto yung ginagawa mo kapag nagpapatulong si Papa sa'yo?" she asked RJ.

"Oo."

"Uh ... kala ko nambababae kayo." she replied before laughing a bit.

"Maine?!"

"Pa, sorry naman. Malay ko ba."

RJ then pulled her close to him. Maine placed both of her hands on his chest, making their unconventional relationship official made her much comfortable around him.

"Did you like it?"

"I loved it. Thank you."

"Don't thank me ... you should be thanking Tito."