44. - For You -

"Oh asan na siya ngayon?" a very worried Mamita asked Maine through the phone.

"Umalis po eh, maaga pumasok. Sa tingin ko gusto na lang niya lunurin sarili niya sa trabaho. Mamita, I'm worried. Paano kung ma-depress siya ng sobra?" she asked while rocking Thirdy in his baby hammock.

"Dapat makaisip ka ng paraan para sumaya siya. Maine, did you also watch the tape?" Mamita asked her.

"Hindi po eh." she replied.

"I think you should watch it. Or better yet, hintayin mo ako. I'll go there, let's watch it together."

"Bakit po kailangan natin panoorin?' the young girl asked, now holding the tape in her hand.

"So we'll know what to do. At para masabi ko na sa'yo ang puno't dulo kung paano nagsimula yung problema ng pamilya namin." Mamita answered. Maine felt a bit nervous, she thought that what the oldest Faulkerson told her back at their farm house was the entire story, now that the tape resurfaced and it damaged RJ, she knew it wasn't.

"Okay po Mamita, I'll wait for you here."

"Okay. Paalis na rin ako niyan."

---

The tape's effects have started manifesting on him. Despite the fact that he came home drunk, RJ's mind kept him up. And so he spent most of the night drinking coffee and smoking  a few cigarettes to slow down his thoughts.

Smoking is something that RJ never really enjoyed, but last night was different. Although he was never a fan of doing it because he knows how destructive it can be, he still did it in hopes of being able to fall asleep afterwards. But contrary to what he expected, smoking cigars didn't help him at all. In fact, it actually made him feel worse.

"RJ, okay ka lang?" one of his office mates asked him.

"Yeah. I'm good." he replied. RJ tried to smile but he just can't, its like whenever her tries to, his mouth forms a frown instead. 

"Nga pala bro, we're going to eat sa may bagong resto mamaya? Do you wanna join us maybe?"

"Nah. I have to go home to my son." he lied. After work, RJ knows exactly where he has to go, and that's not back home.

"Oh ... okay tatay duties. Sige bro." his office mate replied before walking away. RJ just let out a sigh of relief and opened his notebook, only to see the line "It's my fault." written all over the first page. 

Shocked, RJ stood up from his chair and quickly closed his notebook. He doesn't even remember writing any of those. Horrified about the possibility that this may mean his condition is getting worse, he ran towards this boss and asked for an under-time pass so he can go consult his "shrink". And since he's still the owner's grandson and a major shareholder of the company, RJ was granted permission.

The young guy quickly gathered all of his stuff and left the building.

 ---

Later that day, Mamita came along with two maids to help Maine prepare foods and look after Thirdy. After watching the entire tape, the young girl finally understood at least 95% of why RJ acts the way he does. But at the same time, she also felt heartbroken by what she saw. Mamita was right when she told her that they were a perfect family and that life was the reason why everything fell apart. The tape's content also made her feel thankful enough that even though her family is not rich, her parents are still together and happy.

But even after she had a tour in his past, Maine still has a shitload of questions that are yet to be answered.

"Mamita, di ba sabi niyo po dati, yung dahilan kung bakit nag-aaway yung parents nila is dahil gustong umuwi ni Tito sa U.S.?" she asked.

"Oo, but that's the secondary reason. The main one eh yung sinabi ni Ricardo sa video. He accused Estella of cheating, even going as far as telling her that RJ is not his son. Pina-DNA test pa niya si RJ para lang maka-sigurado siya." 

"Oh my god." that's all Maine can say.

"Nung nalaman niya na sa kaniya nga talaga, ginawa niya lahat para mapatawad. But Estella already changed, nagbago na siya. Dahil dun sa sakit na naramdaman niya, nagbago yung asta niya sa anak ko. Dun na nagsimula lahat lahat ng iba pa nilang problema."

"Eh bakit naapektuhan si RJ nito? Eh di ba baby pa po siya nun?"

"Maine, yung nangyari yon ang laging sinusumbat ni Ricardo kay Estella. Lagi ... hanggang sa magkaroon na ng isip si RJ, yun pa rin ang naririnig niya sa kanila. Na hindi daw siya anak ... na bunga daw siya ng isang pagkakamali. Nakita ni RJ yun, narinig niya lahat lahat ng masakit na salita na binitawan ng tatay niya sa nanay niya. Dun nagsimula lahat ... dun niya sinimulang sisihin ang sarili niya." Mamita answered.

Maine actually felt her chest become heavier. She quickly became emotional at the thought of a six year old RJ listening to his parents fighting. It shattered her heart.

"At dahil hindi nila nagawang ayusin ang pag-aaway nila, naghiwalay sila. During that time na magkahiwalay sila dun may nangyaring aksidente. Namatay si Ricardo tapos ilang buwan lang si Estella naman. Dun lumalala kondisyon ni RJ , alam mo ba kung anong sinabi niya sa akin nung araw na ililibing na yung nanay niya?"

"Ano po?" she asked her.

"Sana hindi na lang ako nabuhay."

---

RJ wanted to go back to the mansion and check the other tapes because he thinks there are still tons of unanswered question in his pasts. But his head started hurting halfway there and so he just decided to go home.

The second RJ reached the beach, he already saw Mamita's car on the driveway. Knowing that this is Maine's doing, he prepared himself for the worst. The young guy took a deep breath before he got out of the car.

"Here goes nothing." he thought to himself, trying to act as if everything's normal. But the thing is, it isn't ... things are far from normal. He can't hide the sadness and pain, he can't stop them from affecting him.

After a few moments of gathering himself, RJ went inside the house.

"Iho!" Mamita greeted.

"Mamita ... hi ... why are you here?" he asked her and so she looked at Maine.

"Thanks Maine, ang bilis mong mag-sumbong." he told her, disappointed and frustrated.

"RJ ... umayos ka nga. Kaya niya ako tinawagan eh para tulungan ka. Yun lang."

"Eh di ko naman kailangan ng tulong eh." he replied before grunting at her.

"Anong hindi? RJ ... please lang ... tingnan mo sarili mo ... sa tingin mo ba ako hindi nahihirapan sa asta mo? na hindi ako nag-aalala na baka isang umaga pag-gising ko nag-adik o nagpakamatay ka na? Kagabi mo pa lang napanood pero ang depressed mo na ... paano pa kaya pag-isang linggo na? Paano na kapag hindi mo na kaya yung sakit huh? Please .. wag mong kimkimin lahat ... please." Maine begged at him.

RJ looked at Mamita and saw her concerned look. That's the only time when he realized that he's not alone anymore,  that there are two other special people in his life that he should take care of.

"Iho please .... let us help you get through this."

RJ didn't say a single word. Instead, he just hugged Marita tightly before the tears started flowing down his face.

---

that's it for this part guys ^^ stay tuned for more :) xx