38. - Just Say Yes -

1. Note:  guys, just to clarify ... I never said I'll join the blackout ... I just tried my best to make a point that  writing  is never an easy thing and that  we all should take a chill pill every now and then. So yeah ... I'll continue my updates and hope that I did make a change. :)

2. Another note: Thank you to everyone who sent their messages of support for all the maichard writers. Knowing that there are understanding people in this fandom really warms my heart. You guys are right ... we should encourage each other in a positive way.

3. Still a Note: This is basically the same chapter I posted yesterday , I just took it down to edit some parts that I literally did not like.

--

Maine almost choked when RJ offered her to shower with him. She got a bit tempted to join but thankfully, her more mature side ruled and she was able to control herself. The young girl then just spent  most of the night sitting on her bed thinking of the perfect way to say yes to him. She knows that having him court her for two months even if they already have a child is a ridiculous and actually quite stupid thing but something good came out of it, she's now sure that he won't leave her no matter what.

The young girl felt the warm ray of sunshine as it hit her skin. It felt pleasant .. it gave her hope that today will be a good day not only for her but for her entire family as well. After washing her face and making sure she's ready to cook breakfast, Thirdy started crying. She ran towards the nursery and carried him in her arms. 

"Bakit baby? andito na si Mommy wag na iiyak .. hele hele na." she whispered in his ear. Maine then started humming his favorite lullaby and slowly, his cry just turned into sobs. She smiled, she really loves how good for a baby Thirdy is. He's not loud most of the time and he's almost always happy. He makes motherhood for Maine very easy.

"Maine?" she turned around and saw an already dressed up RJ looking at her.

"May lakad ka? Di ba day off mo na dapat ngayon?"

"I'll just go on a quick meeting and then I'll come back." he replied before he walked towards them., Maine saw as RJ kissed Thirdy on the forehead. It was then followed by a goodbye kiss on her cheek.

"Bye, love." he whispered.

"Bye too." she replied. RJ smiled before he started walking day. Maine wanted to call him 'love' but she got a little too uncomfortable to do so.

After she heard his car drove away, Maine and their baby went downstairs to start the day.

--

RJ lied to Maine when he told her he'll be in a meeting. The truth is, he'll meet with her Chris and  her parents to give her baby mama a very pleasant surprise. A couple of months ago, he and Mr. Mendoza started working on an old car. He offered to buy he a new one but her Dad insisted on fixing the vintage vehicle so it'll ba extra special. And that's exactly what they did.

He and Maine's Dad worked on the car since then. And finally, all that's left to do is to give it to her.

"Babe?" Cjris asked as soon as he accepted his call.

"Anong babe? gago ... this is me bro." he replied.

"Oh hi man!"

"Fuck you, where are you?"

"I'm on my way ... jeez, calm the fuck down."

"Sorry ... I'm just really anxious. i think she's up to something. "

"Like what?"

"I don't know."

"Don't overthink bro, it will hurt you ... I know it will. I'm on my way, call you when I get there ... bye." he replied before ending the call. RJ just let out a sigh as he takes a U-turn towards Maine's town. 

---

Maine thought he'll spend the entire day doing chores and looking after Thirdy at the same time but she's wrong. Much to her surprise, RJ actually did most of the household things she needs to do. She can't help but feel happy about it, he's turning out to be the man she exactly hopes him to be.

Kelsey paid her a visit later that day so they can bond and talk about girly stuff. But as usual, they ended up talking about her love life.

"Bruha ka, sasagutin mo na siya mamaya?"

"Oo. As in pagkapasok na pagkapasok niya sasabihin ko na talaga. Ang hriap magpigil ng kilig jusko. Nagulat ako nakaya ko ng 2 months siya lang ang kasama."

"Wala pa bang ngyari sa inyo ulit?"

"Baliw, wala pa."

"Wala pa? sa gwapo niyang yan wala pa? ako sigurado sasabog na ang matris ko kapag siya ang nakasama ko araw-araw."

"O edi kayo na magsama."

"Grabe siya. Sige si Seb nalang."

Maine tried her best to keep a serious face but she can't, Kelsey's too funny to be taken seriously. Her best friend then showed her a picture of RJ when he was younger.

"Ang cute niya ... teka, san mo nakuha 'to?"

"Sa FB niya ..."

"Stalker ka talagang babaita ka." she told her before they both laughed. A few minutes later, the two heard cars pulling up on the driveway. Maine started panicking, she first checked on Thirdy before she asked Kelsey how she looks like.

"You look great ... as always .. kainis ka." she teased.

"Salamat."

Maine then ran towards the front door, she took a deep breath and gave herself a quick mental pep talk. As soon as the door opened and RJ came to her view, she pulled him in and slammed the door shut.

"Okay ka lang?" he asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah, but I just have to say this."

"Then say it ..."

Even though Maine's heart is racing, she still managed to blurt out the words she's been meaning to say.

"Yes RJ ... I want you to be my boyfriend." she told him.

The young guy's eyes widened. She thought he was going to say something but he didn't.

"RJ ... say something please." she whispered.

"Y-You? .... you want me to be your boyfriend?" he asked and so she nodded.

"...... holy shit ..... I love you."

"I love you too."

---

Sebastian's been holding on to the tape for two months now. He watched some of its content and realized it can trigger RJ's old self. He doesn't want his younger brother to see it but he has to. The message that their Dad has to tell him might be the key to make him permanently better.

"Seb?" he turned around and saw Mamita standing a couple feet behind him.

"Po?"

"Kailangan ng makita ni RJ yan."

"Sige po,"

---

hello guys, that's it for this part. stay tuned for more :) x