35.- I Love You-

"Ang ingay mo baka magising yung bata." RJ told Maine after he heard her yell. His decision to just blurt it out came after his inability to think of the perfect way on how to say it. RJ's never been good at showing his feelings, and this is no different. 

"Gising naman siya, pumasok ka nga dito." 

"I don't want to. Bye!" RJ answered before he closed the door. The oyung guy then ran downstairs and all the way to his car. He feels good, finally letting out the three words he's been meaning to say made his chest a lot lighter.

Now all he has to worry about is whether Maine would kill him or not when he gets back. RJ took a deep breath and then drove away. 

--

"Best okay ka lang?" Kelsey asked Maine. 

"Ah ... o ... oo naman." she replied. What RJ said really shook her to the core. Maine thought that even after what she said to him the other day nothing would change, but something surely did. She doesn't know if he's kidding, but a big part of her is hoping he's not. 

"Hindi ka okay eh, bakit nanginginig boses mo?" 

"Kinukuha na ko ng liwanag."

"Ano? uy, umayos ka nga!" 

"Ay ... sorry naman. Ano kasi."

"Ano ba nangyari?"

"Nag- 'I love you' si RJ sakin eh. Ang hirap ipitin ng kilig." she replied. Maine's heart is still racing, she just fell in love with him even more. 

"Nakputa, shet!" Kelsey yelled. Maine had to keep her ears away form the phone because she's screaming so loud. 

"Uy, mag-hunos dili ka nga!" she told her best friend. Maine then carried Thirdy off of her lap and placed him on his crib. He held on to her finger using his whole hand. Maine became very happy at the sight of his irresistible smile. He really is her treasure. 

"Cute cute ni Baby Thirdy." she told him. After he let go of her, Maine quickly returned to her phone. 

"Maine ...."

"Oh?"

"Naapakan yung buhok mo dito." 

"Grabe ka." she replied as she felt her cheeks blush. 

"O siya na. Pupunta ako diyan bukas." 

"Bakit naman?" 

"Para malaman kung paano maging ikaw, ano pa ba?" 

"Baliw ka na."

"Bye!" 

As soon as the call ended, Maine let out a sigh of relief. She's still quite anxious though because of how unpredictable RJ is. She doesn't wanna hope for anything to avoid disappointment. But at the same time, she couldn't help but look forward to what will happen over the next couple of days. 

"Wag ka lang ma-hopia loka ka." she thought to herself.  

Her phone then started ringing again, it's from RJ.

 "Shit." 

Maine picked up the phone and answered his call. 

"Maine ..." his manly voice felt so good in her ears. 

"Bakit na naman?" she asked. 

"My tatanungin lang sana ako." 

"Ano na naman yun?" 

"Gusto mo ng mangga?" 

---

Rose had to take a break after going through a couple of very stressful weeks. Just as she expected, Amanda's silly attempt to take RJ down failed. And it happened in an epic manner. She just doesn't wanna say it but she knows he's the one who released Amanda's finger video. He was able to destroy her, while the only damage she did to him is his decision to temporarily close his social media accounts. 

Rose expected this to happen, and it did. 

"Miss Rose, Sebastian's here." one of her maid told her. The young lady turned to her side and saw him standing at the doorway. Her heart started going wild, she can't believe he's here.

"Sebastian?"

"Rose .. can we talk?" 

---

It's almost dark when RJ got back. But he did it intentionally so he can get all the things he need to give Maine a special night she deserves. This is big for RJ since this will be the first time he will do something romantic for a girl she loves.What he planned is simple, but he hopes it's sweet enough. 

He took a deep breath before he opened the door. And as soon as he got inside, Maine and Thirdy are already waiting for him. 

"Bakit ngayon ka lang?" she asked. 

"Traffic."

"Traffic? Jusko tatlong oras? ikaw ah ... don't me , baka nambabae ka na naman." 

"Nambabae? Bakit? Tayo na ba?" he asked with a grin on his face. Maine started to become visibly uncomfortable. She looked away from him and is now trying her bets not to smile or laugh. 

"I'm asking you a question." he told her. 

"What? di ko narinig eh." 

"Tayo na ba?"

"What? hell no."

"Hindi naman pala. Edi wala kang karapatan na sabihin na nambabae ako." 

"O edi wala .... pero ginawa mo ba?" 

"What? no. Tigil-tigilan mo ako sa ganiyan ah. Di ako namba-babae, bakit ko pa gagawin yun? Masaya ako sa'yo." 

"Loko ka eh."

"But I'm telling the truth." 

RJ then pulled out the bouquet of flowers he his inside the paper bag and gave it to Maine. The look on her face says it all. The young guy knew he succeeded. 

"Totoo to?" she asked with her eyes still fixated on the red roses. 

"Yup." 

"Bakit ba?" 

"Kasi nga I love you. May kasama pang mangga yan kung gusto mo." he uttered, only to be playfully slapped by her. 

RJ started gazing at her, she did the same. Slowly, it felt the time came to a halt. The ocean's noise along with every other thing died out, RJ felt it ... he felt like there's only the two of them in the world. 

"Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala .... baka joke lang 'to ah. Totohanin ko yung sinabi ko sa'yo sa ospital, Junjun mo lang ang walang pasa." she uttered. RJ giggled at her remark then told her he's dead serious.  

"I've been in love with you for a couple of weeks now. I was just too shy to say it. When you told me you love me ... that's the sign I needed ... I knew I should have told you ... but I didn't .. I was in shock." 

Maine started tearing up, and so he asked her if she wants him to take it all back. Pleasing a girl is something he's very familiar with, but RJ knows Maine is different. She's different from any other girl he's been with. She's special. 

"No .. I'm just speechless right now." 

"Hope this will make you feel better." RJ answered before he leaned in. The moment his lips touched hers, sparks flew everywhere. It's the kind of kiss he will remember for as long as he lives. After a moment, Maine pulled away and told him something that made his heart beat fast. 

"RJ ..." 

"Oh?"

"Bago maging tayo ... ligawan mo muna ko huh?" 

"... ano? ililigaw kita?" 

---

that's it for this part guys ^^ tons of things will still happen to them so stay tuned :) x