51 . - Engaged -

"Mamita?!" Seb asked once more. He then stood up from his chair and scrambled to get her medicine. After quickly picking out the blue ones, he quickly gave it to her. Mamita slowly ingested them before drinking a tall glass of water.

Sebastian just continued rubbing her back, the last thing they need right now is for her to get sick. "I'm ... I'm okay." Mamita told him and so he removed his hand from her.

"Mamita, what happened? Are you alright?" he asked again, just to make sure.

"Don't worry Sebastian, I'm okay. I'll just sleep this out later, what are you going to say again?" she asked back, bringing his thoughts towards their company's financial report for the previous quarter.

"Mamita , our stocks dropped by at least 4% during the end of last quarter.  Though it may seem relatively small, some of the shareholders aren't happy. They requested for a board meeting this Friday."

"That's all?"

"Yes Mamita. But can I suggest something?" he asked. The mood in the room is serious that's why he knows he has to keep a straight face and forget about all the nonsense things he was thinking.

"Sure, ano yun?"

"Postpone the meeting till next week para naman makapag-pahinga kayo." he replied.

"No Seb, I can do it."

"Mamita, you have to rest. I can call the doctor to doj a check up on you right here." Sebastian replied, really concerned for her safety.

"I appreciate that apo, pero I'm okay now."

"Okay Mamita, I trust you."

---

"Ano??? bes ang haba ng buhok mo bes, penge ako buhok bes." Kelsey said in a very excited tone after Maine told her what happened yesterday. She still doesn't know how she'll break the news to her parents that's why she decided to let her best friend know about it first. At least then she can anticipate what's the absolute worst that can happen.

"Baliw ka , simple lang naman yung proposal tsaka biglaan." she answered.

"Oh kahit na , kung ako yan baka nangisay na ako sa kilig."

"Bes patingin."

"Ng ano?"

"Ng ngisay."

"Paano Maine? PAANO?" Kelsey asked her in a tone that always makes her laugh.

"Baliw ka." that's all Maine was bale to say. She can't laugh out loud because Thirdy will wake up and cry, and that's the last thing she wants to happen.

"Tapos ng proposal anong nangyari?" she asked.

"Nangyari? May dapat bang mangyari?" Maine asked back.

"Oo ... yung ano ... yung alam mo na ... pag nagsaksak ng charger sa cellphone ... ganon."

Kelsey said it in a joking way that's why Maine did not find it weird at all. Talking about sex is still something that she's not that open about. But her best friends always finds a way to make it seem less scary.

"Baliw ka, wala ... kumain lang kami."

"Ay sayang naman , nga pala bes. May barkada pa bang iba si RJ?" she asked. Maine started thinking, she doesn't remember anyone being friends with RJ other than Chris.

"Wala na ata eh, bakit?"

"Wala ... para naman may ma-reto ka sa'kin para di ba ... double date na tayo ... ganon." she answered, making her laugh.

"Fine ... Kelsey ... ikaw na talaga ang babaeng bakla. Ipanghahanap na kita." Maine uttered before hearing a reaffirming "Yes!" from the other end of the line. A few more minutes after, the call ended and RJ came into her view. He's all dressed up, he actually looks like someone who is going to church.

"Bakit naka-bihis ka?" she asked him.

"We're going out." he replied.

"San naman?" she asked.

"Parents mo." he answered, causing her heart to skip a beat.

"Bakit naman?"

"Sasabihin na natin siyempre." the eagerness in his voice is something that Maine she will never be able to change. Once RJ sets his mind on something, he will not stop until he finishes it.

"Sige na nga." she nervously answered. Maine can now picture both of her parent's faces as she breaks them the news.

---

"Ano? Magpapakasal na kayo?" her mother asked as soon RJ told them what happened. Mrs. Mendoza's voice actually came out a little too loud that's why the people from outside started eavesdropping even more. Her cousins even entered the living room to watch them.  RJ can feel his face turning red and so he tightened his grip on Maine's hand. he looked at her father and so the stern yet happy expression he's sporting.

If RJ's being honest, he thinks her parents doesn't have any right to be mad. After everything that happened, he still thinks they won't win the "Parents of the Year" award solely because of how much freedom they gave to Maine. That same freedom that got her pregnant, the one that stopped her from reaching what she wants.

"RJ, Maine ... seryoso na ba kayo dito?" her father asked.

"Opo." they said at the same time. "Great, at least we're on the same page." he thought to himself before forming an awkward smile. Then an awkward silence enveloped the entire room.

The silence became too loud that he can now hear his own heartbeat pounding against his ribs. RJ couldn't take it anymore, thankfully her parents asked something that made him smile.

"Kelan kayo mamanhikan?"

---

Maine had to ignore at least a dozen of heavy and judging stares from some of her relatives and neighbors. She knows exactly why they're looking at her like that, she got knocked up at a young age and now she has to marry. Some may even see her as a gold digger but if she's being honest, she doesn't care anymore. RJ secretly gave her parents the check that they need to save their land. And they said they'll be forever grateful to him, something that Maine hopes is true.

"Maine, okay ka lang?" RJ asked her as soon as they arrived at the mansion.

"Yeah." she replied, giving him a faint smile.

"I don't believe you."

"RJ, okay lang ako."

"Fine."

The three of them, including Thirdy, then got out of the car and walked towards the front door where they quickly saw Mamita and Sebastian.

"Uy! Come in!" Mamita said right away and so they did.

A few minutes later, they were asked what is it they're going to say. RJ and Maine exchanged looks, she's excited to let them know what happened.

"Mamita .... Kuya ..... we're engaged." RJ said and so Maine raised her hand, letting them see the ring.

They celebrated by jumping around and clapping for a few months. After doing so, Maine heard the same question her parents asked.

"Kailan tayo mamanhikan?"

But this time, RJ has an answer. And Maine is more than alright with it.

"Next week."

---

Pamamanhikan na ba? stay tuned :) x last 9 chapters . xx