48. - Waiting Game -

"Marry her?"  RJ asked Mamita.

"Yes, why not right? I know you love her RJ. And besides, you can't deny she's a catch." His grandmother replied. The young guy just smiled, he can already imagine her face once he proposes to her.

"Mamita, are you sure?" he then asked her again.

"Sure of what?"

"That you will give me this? It's a family heirloom Mamita, Kuya will surely look for this." RJ said, now concerned for what his older brother might think.

"Believe it or not RJ, I already talked to Seb about this and it's alright with him. He even said that if your parents were still alive, they will give it to you anyway. "

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Gee, thanks. But Mamita, I don't think I can propose to Maine any time soon. We're still busy with work and Thirdy." RJ uttered. Mamita then held his hand and told him that he shouldn't sweat it and that he should only propose to her once he feels sure of himself.

"Alright." he answered. Finally, RJ 's thoughts  have started to calm down. He is now on the verge of feeling okay again.

"But RJ, you have to promise me one thing."

"What is it, Mamita?"

"No matter what happens, please do not tell yourself you're alone in your fight. What you have is a life-long battle. Being bipolar is not easy ... there are some very good days and awful bad days ... promise me that no matter how hard it gets ... you will still seek our help."

That's when RJ realized how worried his Mamita is for him. It quickly reminded him of that time when he was younger. The one where she had a heart attack after the Doctor revealed RJ's failed suicide attempt. Mamita almost died, just like him. But even after he tried to leave her behindwith the rest of the world,  she still decided to love him unconditionally.

"Of course Mamita, I love you."

"I love you too, apo."

---

Maine, Thirdy and RJ got back to their beach house an hour before midnight. She couldn't thank him enough for making things right for his family. However, she knows that the road to recovery and healing is a long and winding road, and that they just started walking on it. The young girl promised to herself that she will be there for him every step of the way, and she intends to keep that.

After placing Thirdy in his crib, Maine started singing him a lullaby. One that is commonly heard from a very famous Disney film.

"Magigising pa si baby niyan eh." RJ whispered at her.

"Di nga siya makatulog , ikaw naman."

"What are you singing to him anyway?"

"Lavender's Blue." she replied, pertaining to Cinderella's favorite childhood song.

"Lavender's Blue? seryoso ka? Gusto mo atang gawing babae si Thirdy."

"Huh? eh wala akong alam na iba eh."

"Yung tatlong bear."

"Ih, ikaw na lang."

"Why me?" he asked. Maine then looked down at Thirdy and realized that he's giving them the stink eye.

"Oh my gosh babe, look ... ang sama ng tingin niya sa atin." she told him, not sure she will be happy or worried. RJ chuckled like a 5 yr. old little boy after he saw their baby's meme-able face.