19.-Mangga Chronicles-

Lots of things have happened on the past 14 weeks of their lives. Both RJ and Maine are adjusting well on their new roles as upcoming parents to their first (and hopefully not the last) baby. Things have changed , and they are definitely for the better. But no one prepared for the miracle that is RJ. After landing a job at their own company, the lad started to turn his whole life around. Not quickly of course, but everyone has seen a lot of improvement. 

"Ricardo!" Maine yelled all the way from the other end of the line. 

"Ano na naman? I'm on my way home , no nee to yell at me" he replied before taking a turn towards the shortcut to their house. 

"Sorry naman. Gusto ko nang mangga ... yung mahaba at green"

"Are you sure you're describing a fruit?"

"Oo naman , bakit?"

"Nothing ... a celebrity popped into my head as soon as you said that" he replied with a smile on his face. RJ now finds her a lot more tolerable than before. Primarily because of the fact that he realized she really does care for him. Especially when he got drunk on her graduation party. She never left him despite the fact that he is a massive pain in the ass. That was the solidifying moment where he realized that Chris is right, Maine is a nice girl and she deserves to be loved. That's why he spent the past few weeks trying his best to learn how to. And so far , he knows he made quite a progress. 

"Sus, ikaw kasi  ... yung Mangga neh? May bagoong na si Manang dito"

"I know" he replied before pulling up on the market's parking lot. RJ was gonna ask her how many kilos he'll buy but then the call already ended. RJ just let out a sigh and walked towards the nearby fruit vendors. But as soon as he took a turn at the corner , he saw Sebastian already buying some. RJ immediately hid himself and waited for his older brother to leave. As soon as Sebastian walked away, RJ ran toward the vendor he bought fruits from. 

"Ate, anong binili niya?" he asked her. 

"Mangga"

"Ilang kilo?"

"Lima .. bakit?"

 "Bibili po ako nang 10"

"10?"

"Sampo ... I'll buy 10 kilos" 

"Ah sige sige"

Sebastian cannot defeat RJ in anything. He knows his older brother is still courting Maine, that's an additional reason on why he must do things better than him.

---

The past few months have been amazing for Maine. She's constantly learning a lot of things about motherhood. Actually, she just started attending a breastfeeding seminar which , according to what they say, can help her a lot once her baby is born. 

She's also surprised on how much of a changed person RJ is. He became a lot kinder and less moody. Maine wants to thank the medication he's taking but at the same time she knows that maybe , he really is just determined to prove everyone wrong. 

"Asan si Mamita?" she asked before sitting on the couch, she's still adjusting to the fact that she now has a massive baby bump. At first she got scared that maybe she'll lose her balance but thankfully, she finally adjusted to it. 

"Nasa Zambales po Mam ... may inaayos" 

"Zambales? Ano naman?"

"Di ko po alam eh" 

 A few minutes later , she heard the sound of the front door opening. Maine stood up just as Sebastian came to her view. The first thing she noticed is the huge plastic bag he's carrying.