28.- Back To One -

RJ doesn't know what he should feel. A  part of him says that he shouldn't be affected at all since he and Maine are not even in a proper relationship, while there's also a side of him that says he should be hurt by what he saw. 

The young guy doesn't which one it is, all he knows is that he can't face them anytime soon. 

While walking back to Maine's house, he heard a familiar voice call  him. 

"Uy! Tisoy!" he turned and saw Mr. Mendoza's best friend, Mang Carlo, waving at him. 

The young guy took a deep breath before he approached the old man. "Tara inom tayo." Mang Carlo told him. RJ is not even in the mood to drink but since he wants to forget what he saw, he accepted the offer. 

"Sure, sige po." 

---

After what happened, Maine purposely distanced herself from Sebastian. All throughout their way home, she tried her best to contact RJ and apologize for upsetting him but he's not answering any of her texts or calls. 

Even though she and RJ are not committed to each other, Maine can still understand why he acted that way. He and Sebastian never really gotten along very well that's why seeing her in his arms made him feel like he was betrayed or something. And because of that, Maine knows she must do everything to get back on his good side. She must settle things with him again, she and Sebastian must be forgiven. 

"Tita, bumalik na po ba si RJ?" Maine asked as soon as they got back home. 

"Si RJ? ay naku , nandun kina Carlo nakikipag-inuman."

Maine's heart dropped after she heard her aunt's reply. 

"Kina Tito Carlo po?" 

"Oo, puntahan mo na." 

"Sige po." 

Sebastian offered to help pick him up but Maine told him to stay behind since RJ might punch him the minute he comes up to his view. 

A few more moments later, Maine left home and walked across the street to fetch her baby daddy. The minute she got inside, Maine immediately saw a shirtless RJ drinking beer with middle aged guys. 

"RJ, andito ka lang pala. Tito Carlo, bakit niyo naman to pinainom? , lasing na oh." Maine uttered as she stood behind him. 

"Kaw naman iha , fiesta ngayon. Hayaan mo na , tsaka muka namang nag-eenjoy si Tisoy eh." 

Maine glanced at her side and saw some of the younger girls along with gay guys looking at RJ, it's more than obvious that they fancy him. 

"Mag-damit ka nga , tignan mo pinagpapantasyahan ka na nila." Maine told him. 

"Maine ..." RJ whispered. 

"Ano?"

"Shut up." RJ replied, making everyone laugh.

"Naku, lasing ka na. Tara na ..." she said while pulling his arm. 

"Hindi ako lasing Maine , what's wrong with you?" he asked her. 

"What's wrong with me? Oh my gosh , tara na ... ang pula pula na nang mga mata mo." 

"Maine di daw siya lasing, hayaan mo na." one of the guys told her. 

"Lasing na to, akong mangyayari pag ano pang ginawa nito." 

It took Maine at least ten more minutes to convince RJ but thankfully, she was able to. The young drunk guy put on his shirt and walked out of Mang Carlo's property with Maine. 

"Pasalamat ka mahal kita." he whispered, making her stop on her track. Maine then looked at him and asked if he can repeat what he said. 

"Sabi ko ... pasalamat ka .. mahal kita .. gets? bingi ka na ba bird brain?" RJ asked her. That insult at the end made her realize that he's just drunk, nothing more ... nothing less. 

"Naku, lasing ka lang."

"No , I'm not. I'm just mad." 

"Mad? Yung kanina , sorry na dun. Di ko naman alam na gagawin ni Sebastian yun eh."

"Sus, for all I know you loved it anyway." 

 Maine knows she didn't. The previous sparks she used to get whenever Sebastian comes close to her are now gone, she now just sees him as a friend. 

"Hindi nga eh ... sorry na ... gusto mo Ice cream? ayun oh .. may nagtitinda." 

"Ice cream? anong tingin mo sakin? bata? Pag binilhan mo nang ice cream magiging okay na?" RJ asked Maine. 

"Oo"

"No, ayoko nang Ice cream." 

---

"Ang sarap nitong ice cream." he told Maine after she bought him a serving for one. RJ's drunkenness has subsided a bit and so he finally started asking Maine if he said anything out of the ordinary. 

"Wa ... wala." she uncomfortably replied. 

"Just say it .. or else I'll still be mad at you." he told her. RJ realized that he over reacted when he saw Maine and Sebastian getting cozy. But at the same time, he know he really got hurt because of that. He's starting to warm up to Maine , he actually thinks he's in love with her. 

"Wala nga ... wala ka namang sinabi." Maine answered before she looked away. As soon as they got home, both RJ and Maine went straight to their room, dodging the heavy stares by the people around them. 

"Magbihis ka na muna, bago tayo lumabas dun." Maine told him. 

"Sige" he replied before taking his shirt off, letting her see his ripped physique. RJ glanced at Maine and can see how red her cheeks are. 

Thinking that teasing her would be the perfect payback, RJ unbuttoned his jeans and watched as it fell on the floor. Now standing in front of her wearing nothing but his skin tight black boxers, RJ walked towards Maine and pressed his half naked body against hers. 

"Sisigaw ako RJ, tignan mo man." Maine warned. 

"Pano kung sabihin kong wala akong pake?" he asked before he buried his face on her neck. 

"Jusko, magkakasala na naman ako dito." Maine whispered, making him giggle. RJ moved away and told Maine how ridiculous she looked like. 

"You are sexually frustrated." he uttered as she rolled her eyes away. 

RJ just smirked, he actually feels a bit better now. 

"So ... ngayong pinagluran mo na hormones ko ... quits na tayo nyan ah?" Maine asked. 

"Fine ... but I have one more condition." RJ replied in a serious tone. He thought he can get over it but he's wrong. That image of Sebastian and Maine from earlier is still crystal clear in his troubled mind. 

"Ano yun?"

"We're back to zero ..... bird brain."

---

second update you guys ^^ what do you think will happen next? stay tuned (: xx