27.-Brothers-

"Patay ka , anong gagawin mo niyan?" Kelsey asked Maine while they're watching the Faulkerson brothers sign up for the contest. The young lady's heart is pounding against her chest, Sebastian and RJ going head to head with each other can only mean one thing, and that is trouble. 

"Ewan ... paano ba to niyan?" Maine asked back. 

"Team RJ ka ba o Team Sebastian?" 

"Kelsey!"

"What? Tinatanong ko nga para malaman ko kung pano kita matutulungan." her best friend answered. Maine got into thinking for a few moments before she was able to come up with an answer. 

"Team RJ ... siyempre." she replied. But even if she assured Kelsey that she's on her baby daddy's side , a part of her is leaning closer to Sebastian solely because she knows RJ only joined to piss him off. 

"Fine , dun ako kay Papa Seb seb." Kelsey happily told her.  

"Wait? Bakit?" she asked. 

"Para fair." 

"Baliw ka talaga." Maine answered just as the two walked towards them. 

"Where are the others?" Sebastian asked, pertaining to her parents and Mamita. 

"Seb pwede ba? asa barangay ka, wag ka ngang mag-english." RJ called him out.  As soon as Maine heard those words, she got in between them to avoid any sort of trouble. 

"Loko ka ah, sumosobra ka na." Sebastian scolded him. Maine glanced at RJ and saw a smirk on his face. That's when it finally dawned on Maine, he's still the same person. He changed a bit, but most of his usual self is in tact. RJ being a douche might be something that she just have to live with, Maine now has doubts that he will ever fully change into a better person. 

"Tama na!" Maine told them and so they both backed off. Now that their situation has inadvertently intensified, she can only wish for her parents and Mamita to arrive to come and calm them down.  

Thankfully, just a few a minutes after, they finally showed themselves. 

"What happened? Bakit masama na naman tingin nila sa isa't-isa?" Mamita asked her right away. 

"Ininis na naman po kasi ni RJ si Sebastian." Maine answered, still mentally formulating a way to make the two stop hating on each other. 

"Jusko, sila ang ikamamatay ko." Mamita commented. 

"Ewan ko ba Mamita bakit di na sila nagkabati." Maine muttered while they're looking at the two young guys glaring at each other. She genuinely thought RJ became more mature, that he had let go of his past to move forward with his newfound future ... but she's wrong. It's more than clear that his grudge for Sebastian is still in there, and it's as strong as ever. 

A few more minutes later, both  RJ and Sebastian were called to the holding area. All Maine can do is watch and hope that the two won't punch each other while they're on stage. 

--

RJ suddenly deciding that he wants to join the contest is still a puzzle to Sebastian. The older Faulkeron only joined the contest to get the monetary prize and to have actual fun, Seb did not even do it for Maine. That's why he's now once again pissed off at RJ for making it something else than what it's supposed to be. 

"Ready to eat dust?" RJ asked in a whispering manner. 

"Ready to be defeated again?" he asked back. Seb has had enough of his younger brother trying to make everything a competition and so he will start fighting back.