42. - Iris -

Maine was awaken in the middle of the night by the sound of their baby's cry. Even though the young girl is still sleepy, she got out of bed and ran towards the nursery which is just across the hall.

"Baby! I'm here." Maine said the moment she entered his room. Thirdy just kept on crying and so she carried him in her arms.

Maine started singing a lullaby for him but he still won't stop. That's when she noticed the fact that his diaper is much heavier than usual. "Kaya pala." she then thought to herself before placing him on the changing table.

Much to her surprise, RJ entered the room and asked what's happening.

"Di pa pala napalitan yung diaper niya. Tulog ka na dun." she answered. RJ and Maine slept in the same bed for the first time since Mamita gave them this beach house.

"Ako na lang magpapalit, go to sleep." he then offered.

"Sus, baka gawin mo na naman yung ginawa mo dati. Diaper nga pero may duct tape namang kasama." she told him, recounting what happened the first time he tried to put on diaper to their baby.

"Grabe siya, napunit kaya yung tape nun."

"Kaya nga ako na lang. Higa ka na dun babe ... and please naman , wear a shirt. 3 am na 3 am nakahubad ka jan ... pag sinipon ka niyan."

"But I thought you like seeing me shirtless?" he asked, grinning at her.

"Pag sa araw ... bilisan mo na. Pag nagkasakit ka niyan wala akong katulong."

"Fine ... but you know it'd be easier to say that you're just concerned for me." he told her before exiting the room. Maine just smiled, she's very ahppy at the state of their relationship.

After changing Thirdy's diaper, she proceeded to breastfeed him. 

"Alam mo , magugutom anak natin." RJ suddenly said, making her jump out of shock.

"Ay gosh! muntik na akong atakihin sa'yo!" she yelled at him, quite mad that he's still laughing after what he did.

"Sorry naman ... pero seryoso , Thirdy will end up starving."

"Bakit naman?" she asked, still annoyed.

"Wala ka namang boobs eh."

"Oh my gosh ... grabe siya ... bumalik ka sa kwarto, papatayin kita Ricardo!!" she yelled, only to hear Thirdy cry because her voice was too loud. She kept glaring at RJ who in return just laughed his ass off before running back to their room.

"Sorry baby, si Daddy kasi eh ... loko siya ... wag kang lalaking ganun ah? Bad yun ..." she whispered as though their son can hear and understand her. But even though RJ is being such an annoying goofball right now, Maine is still happy that he's not sad or distressed. She's well awrae the next few days will be hard for the both of them that's why she's going to do just about whatever it takes to build enough emotional support for RJ in case he falls apart.

---

RJ was only able to sleep for a few more hours before it's time for him to wake up. After smashing his alarm clock like he always does, he slipped out of bed carefully so he won't wake her up. The young guy then walked towards Maine's side and placed a kiss on her forehead before he left the room to cook breakfast for the both of them.

The second he got downstairs, RJ saw the tape laying on top of the table. He then felt this inexplicable to urge to finally watch it. But  at the same time, he's still worried that maybe they're right. That maybe whatever it is that's inside will destroy him in a way he's never been destroyed before.