47. - Fix -

RJ definitely noticed the awkward silence that went on after Maine found out that Rose and Sebastian are now in a relationship. He tried to read the expression on her face but he can't make any sense of it. Thinking that she's on the verge of becoming jealous, RJ interrupted the moment by asking where Mamita is.

"Asan si Mamita?" he asked.

"She's inside."

"Maine come on." RJ told her.

As soon as the three of them got inside, they went straight to Mamita. "RJ! Maine! You're here!" she exclaimed happily before opening her arms for them. RJ smiled and hugged her then Maine along with Thirdy did the same.

"What are you doing here?" she asked them.

RJ moved closer and whispered the words that Mamita has been waiting to hear from him for more than a decade now.  "I'll fix things with Sebastian." that's what he said.

"Talaga? Oh my God ... mabuti naman iho ... hayyyy , I've been praying for this." Mamita said in a such excited tone. RJ looked at her eyes and saw that they are beaming with joy, it's also clear on her face how long she waited for this to happen.

"But for that to happen, we need to have privacy."

"Wait, what?" Mamita and Maine asked at the same time.

"What I meant is ... kailangan kami munang dalawa ang mag-usap. Are you guys cool with that?" he asked them. And as soon as they nodded, he smiled. RJ knew that was it, there's no turning back.

---

Mamita, Rose along with Thirdy and his sitter went to the kitchen while Maine decided to stay in the living room so she can watch them. The young girl tried her best to read their lips and understand their body language so she can have a slight idea of what could be going on. But just after a few minutes, she already got lost and so she gave up.

"Maine, Can I sit next to you?" she turned to her side and saw Rose's smiling face.

"Of course." she replied and so the other girl did.

"What's happening to them now?" she then asked Maine.

"I don't know , ang hirap basahin ng mga galaw nila eh."

"Oh okay ... but as long as hindi sila nagsusuntukan, okay na yun." Rose replied before smiling a bit. Maine looked at her with such awe, for Rose understands the two much more than anyone else.

"Maine ... alam mo ba kung gaano ka-importante yung nangyayari ngayon?" Rose then asked her.

"Magbabati na sila ... di ba?"

"This is much bigger than that. You see ... the thing is, Sebastian and RJ have been fighting for years now ... and I mean YEARS.  Kahit bago pa ako dumating sa buhay nila, di na sila bati. I saw Mamita suffer for a long time kasi hindi magkabati mga apo niya. Imagine living in the same house with someone you don't get along with, ang hirap di ba? Sebastian tried making things right several times but RJ constantly pushed him away. The tension's been there for so long , umabot na sa point na sanay na sila dito. And when I left them, things became hopeless Do you know why I did that?" Rose asked her.

"Ano? Yung umalis ka?"

"Yup."

"Nagsawa ka na sa kanila?" she replied, unsure of what to say.

"Yup, umabot na sila sa suntukan eh. That time was so chaotic I knew I had to get out. But after I did that,  I felt sorry. Because that's the time when things went totally haywire. You know Maine? ... you're so lucky."