46. - Better In Time -

As soon as RJ finished the song, Thirdy stopped crying. Their little kid then yawned and slowly fell asleep. After he closed his eyes, Maine turned to him and asked what sort of magic he did.

"Magic? what are you talking about?" he asked her.

"Kung bakit siya nakatulog. Yung sa akin kanina wala ... tinawanan lang ako." she replied.

"I bet in his defense sasabihin niya katawa-tawa ka naman eh." RJ answered before chuckling a bit.

"Ay grabe siya oh. Jan ka gumagaling eh no? sa panlalait sa akin." she replied before going back to the kitchen. She may sound pissed but Maine is actually very happy. Not with her singing or dancing but with the actual fact that for the first time since watching the tapes, she saw RJ smile.

Maine then pursed her lips and smiled secretly. Even the slightest thought of RJ finally back to his old self is more than enough to make her happy. That's all she wants , that's all she needs to see.

"Nagluto ka?" RJ asked her.

"Oo, merong nilaga." she replied and so he opened the pot. Maine gulped, she's hoping that the 3 dishes she prepared for dinner are good enough.

"Bakit may hotdog 'to?"

"Hotdog?" she asked, confused.

RJ then lifted the ladle, letting her see one whole piece of hotdog in it.

"Oh gosh, jan pala nahulog yun. Di ko makita kanina eh." she replied before giggling a bit. The young girl then just looked away and let out a sigh of disappointment. If she already made a major flaw on her first dish, then what horror can the next two bring?

"What else did you cook?" RJ asked, sounding terrified.

"Afritada tsaka adobo." Maine answered nervously. He then opened the next two pots and tasted the dishes that she cooked.

"So how was it, babe?"

"They're actually really good, thanks love." he replied. As soon as Maine heard those words, she was able to breathe out a sigh of relief. For a moment she thought he'll vomit, thankfully he didn't.

RJ then placed his spoon on the sink before walking towards Maine. She looked at him straight in the eyes and noticed something, they're still red from all the crying he did.

"Babe?"

"Oh?"

"I'm sorry that I've been such an asshole to you, I should have never done that. I'm also very that I'm nothing but a depressed little shit right now , I can't help you do things that I do before." he said, apologizing to her for how he's been acting lately.

"RJ ano ka ba? di ba sinabi ko na sa iyo na okay lang yun? Alam mo , dapat mag-concentrate ka nga ngayon sa sarili mo eh. I'll be here ... I'll take care of you hanggang maging okay ka."

"Bakit?"

"Kasi importante ka sa akin." she replied before smiling at him. Maine then opened her arms an wrapped it around RJ, who in return rested his head on her shoulders.

Maine loves RJ, and with that she's willing to accept every single thing about him, even the good and bad. After a one solid minute of silence, she pulled away and told him to get the plates so they can start eating.

---

The next day, RJ woke upwith a different mindset. Because of the support that Maine and Mamita gave to him the past two days, he realized that falling apart should never be an option. That instead of letting his Dad's message affect him negatively, he should use it as a way of fixing the mess he's been in for years now.