45. - Papa Bear -

Seeing RJ break down  in Mamita's arms broke Maine's heart. RJ was so precious, he was just a little kid when something as big and as bad as that happened to him. Now she understands why he's so cynical and so much of a jerk, he's guarding his heart so nothing will ever hurt him again. 

"So will you let us help you?" she asked, wanting to hear his answer. 

"Yeah ... I'm so sorry, love." RJ apologized before pulling her close for a hug.  Maine just shut her eyes and wrapped her arms around him as tight as possible. She's not gonna let him fall again, ever. 

"Iiyak mo lang lahat, okay lang yan. Andito lang ako RJ okay? di ka na mag-iisa." she whispered as he kept on sobbing on her. A few seconds later, he pulled away and started wiping the tears off of his face. 

"RJ ... iho ... let's all sit on the couch and talk about it okay?" Mamita asked him. 

"I would love to Mamita, but I think I'll just take a nap first. My head's about to kill me ... is that alright?" he asked back. 

"Sure ... I'll be here the whole day."

"Is that alright with you too? babe?" RJ then asked her. 

"Of course ... get some rest first." she replied and so he left them. As soon as RJ got upstairs, Maine walked approached Mamita once again.

"Ngayon pong pumayag na siya, ano pong gagawin natin?"

"We'll show him much we love him."

"Paano po?"

---

RJ just let out a sigh after closing the door behind him. He then tossed his suitcase to the side before he started shedding his clothes off one by one. The young guy can't deny it, he knows he's still depressed. As soon as he's done changing into his home clothes, RJ searched the first aid cabinet for his meds.

RJ appreciates the support that Maine and Mamita offered but he's also aware of the fact that unless he helps himself, nothing will happen. It took him a few minutes to find his antidepressants , and as soon as he was able to, he took out two pills and ingested them.

"You can hang on. Don't give up this time." he thought to himself before going to bed.

The tape made him remember a lot of good and bad memories that's why he's not certain if it actually helped him. For now, all he's sure of is that he has depression. And that he must deal with it before it gets worse.

Finally, the feeling of sleepiness he's been longing to have since last night has arrived. And slowly, he was able to close his eyes and drift away into the peace and silence. 

---

After Mamita left later in the afternoon, Maine started cooking even more dinner for them. She still has no idea on what's the perfect way to help RJ,  but she knows she's more than ready to do anything that will make him happy.

"Ma, paano kasi magluto ng nilaga?" Maine asked her Mom through Skype.

"Ilaga mo ... ikaw talagang bata ka."

"Ay oo nga no? sorry naman ma ... ano na lang ... eto na lang ... ano ba 'to .... chicken curry?"

"Maine, pupunta na lang ako jan kung gusto mo." her mom offered.

"Hindi na Ma, gusto ko ako na lang magluto." she answered.

"Okay ... kumusta naman na kayo ni RJ? Kumusta na yun?"