31.-Daddy Duties-

For the next couple hours or so, most of their families and friends already came for a visit. Everyone is excited to meet and be with Thirdy. Based from what they already heard, their son looks a lot like RJ. Of course he doesn't have a problem with that, he is actually quite proud. However, Maine can't help but feel emotional about all of the comments they are getting. 

She also started doubting herself on whether she can actually be a mother to their baby. Maine is well aware that they have an awesome support system. However, she can't help but feel anxious about life ahead. Maine knows RJ will change for the better. But the real question is, can his change be enough for him to be fitted in the role of being a father?

"Maine, may gusto ka bang kainin?" her mother asked. 

"Wala naman po .... hinihintay ko lang na magutom si Thirdy." she answered. 

"Breastfeed mo siya? magugutom yan lalo, wala ka namang boobs." RJ told her, making Maine's mom laugh. 

"Isa pa Ricardo tingnan mo man." she warned. Obviously, RJ's very happy right now. How can he not? he's now a father to a beautiful baby boy. Maine on the other hand is still too exhausted to be celebrating. 

"Tama na yan huh? Mag-meryenda muna tayo." 

---

"Dude, can you fucking believe it? I'm now a father."

"That's why you should change." Chris uttered while smoking his cigarette right outside the hospital. 

"I did, I'm changing dude. I wanna be a good father to Thirdy and a good husband to ..."

"To Maine?"

"What? never mind." Richard replied before looking away. 

"Why are you blushing?"

"Fuck you, I'm not blushing." RJ answered, denying what's already evident.

"Pabebe ampota." 

"I will cut you Chris, believe that" he warned. Chris on the other hand just laughed, this is normal for the both of them.  

RJ dived into his pool of thoughts once again. He started evaluating himself on whether he really can take on the role of being Thirdy's Dad. He doesn't have any doubt that the baby is really his, RJ just wants to feel like he can step up and be a good example. 

"But seriously though ..." Chris started, bringing him out of his mind and back into reality. 

"What?" 

"Now that you and Maine have a baby , may chance na ba na magka-developan kayo?"

"I don't know. How about Amanda?"

"How about her?"

"Na-hack mo na?"

"Yep, already posted her vid. Sira na ang buhay nun." 

"Good" RJ replied with a smirk on his face. The young guy knew Amanda deserves this. He made sure that because she messed with the bull, she'll get the horns. 

"Congrats again dude."

"Thanks Chris. By the way , I have to ask you something." 

"Ano yun?"

"Pwede ka bang maging ninong?" 

---

Later that night, almost everyone left. RJ,  Mamita , Sebastian and Maine's parents are the only ones left to look after her. Since Mamita and her parents decided to go to the cafeteria to eat dinner, Sebastian was left behind in her room. This made her feel awkward. Maine's been meaning to tell him that friendship is the only kind of relationship they can have, it's just that she doesn't know how to start it. 

"Uh, Maine? Okay ka lang? Do you wanna eat anything?"

"Huh? Okay lang ako, don't worry." she answered with a smile on her face. 

"Sure ka?"

"Yeah" she replied. Sebastian then stood up from the couch and sat on the chair beside her bed. 

"Nga pala ... I just want you to know that I'm very happy na sa wakas  ... may bago ng Faulkerson dito sa mundo. Kala ko maeextinct kami." he uttered, joking a bit. 

"Sus? kayo ni Ricardo? sa gwapo niyong yan? Well .. pwede naman pala .. kung magiging bakla kayo." 

"Nga pala Sebastian .... I have to tell you something."

"Ano yun?"

Maine opened her mouth ... she was about to say it, but then the door suddenly opened and RJ came to her view. 

"Enjoying ourselves aren't we?" he asked Sebastian. 

"I'm going home." his older brother replied. Sebastian then stood up form the chair, said his goodbyes and left the room as quickly as possible. 

"Anong pinag-usapan niyo?" RJ asked her. 

"What? wala naman? bakit?"

"Siguraduhin mo yan ah." 

"Oo nga ...."

"Good." 

"Bakit ang sungit mo pa rin?" Maine then asked him. 

"Masungit naman talaga ako dati pa." RJ answered before popping a couple of grapes inside his mouth. Maine rolled her eyes, just the sight of him irks her. 

"Sus, for all I know  ... nagseselos ka na naman kay Sebastian." 

"Selos? damn, how many times do I have to tell you na hindi ako nagseselos?"

"I don't know ... one million baka pwede na. And ano ka ba? masyado kang obvious." 

"Maine, are you high?" 

"What? hell no." 

"Hindi naman pala ... then why are you saying ridiculous things?" 

Having enough of it, Maine just looked away and closed her eyes. Her hormones are still very high , that's why all she wants right now is to strangle him. 

"Bahala ka sa buhay mo." she told him. 

"Wala ka ng pakialam sa akin?" he asked. 

"Wala!" 

"Paano kung halikan kita? wala pa rin ba?" 

Maine's heart started beating fast. She turned and opened her eyes, only to realize that their faces are literally just three inches apart. 

She started blushing, RJ is really attractive. They're practically too close that she can feel his breath at the tip of her nose. It smelled good by the way. 

The door then suddenly opened, catching both of them by surprise. Maine looked on and saw that  Mamita is staring at them with her mouth open. 

"Kakalabas lang ni Thirdy , susundan niyo na agad?!"

---

ready to get to the "Full House" - ish part of the story? it starts on the next chapter :))) xx