3.-Change Of Heart-

"Tulong! Ano ba?!" Maine is screaming at the top of her lungs. She's trying her best to get away from the guy's grip but he's too strong. The moment he started pulling her towards the darker area of the park, her heart started pounding so hard. Maine found out that a fuckboy got her pregnant,  to make things worse .. it looks like she's about to get raped. Thankfully, that proved to be wrong after she heard the sound of an incoming motorcycle. Maine turned around and saw the motorcycle rider with a metal pipe in his hand hit the back of her assailant's head. The potential rapist fell to the ground, but not before pulling Maine down with him. The young lady landed on the green grass part , she even tasted some of them that had entered her mouth. Maine then quickly sat up and looked if the guy got knocked out, after seeing that her assailant has indeed passed out ... she immediately stood up and wiped the dirt off of her skirt. 

"Miss, okay ka lang?" the guy asked. Maine looked at her side and saw a very attractive young guy , maybe a few years older than her but it's not that obvious. He has a short black hair, a pair of gorgeous eyes with thick eyebrows and a cute smile. He definitely looks like a knight in leather jacket instead of a shining armor. 

"Ah ... oo ... salamat" Maine answered, still trying to regain her composure. "By the way, I'm Sebastian. Ano bang ginagawa mo dito? Mag isa ka tapos gabi pa" he asked her. Maine wanted to tell him the entire story of how she ended up in here but she still has some sort of respect to herself and so she decided not to. "Pauwi na kasi ako , kala ko shortcut to sa 'min" she answered. 

"Okay ... gusto mo ... samahan kita hanggang maka-abot ka sa highway?" Sebastian offered. Maine wants to decline his offer. However, she's now too scared to walk alone and so she accepted it. 

"Hanggang highway lang ah?" 

"Oo naman"

"Salamat ulit"

"Walang anuman" he replied. Much to her surprise, Sebastian unmounted himself form his motorcycle and started dragging it with him as they walk. "Seryoso ka? Maglalakad ka lang?" she asked, starting to feel at ease now. She only has one problem left at the moment, it's her pregnancy. 

"Oo , baka mapagkamalan akong riding in tandem dito eh" Sebastian replied with a smile on his face. Maine giggled for the very first time in the evening.  She started wishing that RJ has the same characteristics as Sebastian, that way she will have less worries and stress. 

"Ano nga palang pangalan mo?" he asked, the moment they reached the main road. "Maine Mendoza" she answered with a smile on her face. 

"Maine Mendoza  ... sige okay na ako dito .... maraming salamat Sebastian" 

"No problem, just be careful next time. Nice meeting you"

"Nice meeting you too" 

----

RJ wasn't able to sleep properly for he spent most of the night sitting on his bed while thinking of everything Maine has told him. Richard wants to hate her so bad , he wants to think that she's just after his surname or money but no matter how hard he tries to, the memory of her crying in front of him weakens his pride and will power. 

"What if your withdrawal game isn't as strong as you think?" he asked just as the first ray of sunlight entered his room. His mind is now filled with doubt and uncertainty. He knows he can't be a father , but he already feels sorry enough for her. His conscience is now fighting his bad side straight on. He doesn't know what to do or who he can talk to in order for things to be better. 

The door then opened and he saw his Mamita walk in. his heart started beating fast, he knows she'll kill him once she finds out he got a girl pregnant. 

"Are you okay RJ? Parang di ka ata nakatulog?" she asked before planting a kiss on his forehead. 

"Hindi nga po" 

"Bakit?"

"I think .. I think I have hurt someone ... a girl .. I know I broke her heart and I feel bad about it"

"You feel bad about it? Wow, that's a first. Sino ba sa mga girlfriend mo yung sinasabi mo?" she asked. RJ almost revealed her name , thankfully he remembered that she's not his girlfriend. She's his Baby Mama. 

"Di niyo po kilala Mamita"

"Kung ganun ba o sige. Pero RJ , gusto ko tawagan mo siya ngayon din hah? . Itama mo yung mga maling salita o gawa na binitawan mo sa kaniya"

"Opo"

The moment his grandmother left the room, RJ let out a sigh. She's right , he has to man up and accept his mistakes. He also remembered what his Dad did to them before, he and his brother were abandoned for years after their parents's divorce. That hurt him a lot, and that is also the reason why Richard cannot let Maine's baby see the light of the world without a father. 

He then brought out his phone and called Maine, unaware that his grandmother is just right outside the door listening to every word he says. 

---

Maine woke up early the next day. She still can't sleep like she used to. Well how can she? she's still shaking a bit from the ordeal she experienced last night , and besides from that ... she still has a massive bomb to drop on her family and friends one of these days. "Bakit kasi nag two lines ka pa?" she asked while looking at the pregnancy test she took the other day. 

Her phone then started ringing. It's RJ. 

"Oh anong gusto mo?" she asked in a very hostile manner. 

"Maine C. Mendoza ... I am trying to be nice here"

"Be nice? Huh? sinong niloko mo? At bakit ka pa ba tumawag hah? Lalaitin mo na naman ba ako? Sasabihin mo na naman ba na pera lang ang habol ko sa iyo"

"No" he answered, making her heart skip a beat. "Eh ano lang?" she asked, still doubtful that the young lad experienced a change of heart. 

"I believe you okay? I believe that I'm the father of your baby ... now can we meet? please?"

"Wow ... ang bilis mo magbago hah? what's the catch?" Maine asked not letting herself be fooled by him. "There's no catch .. meet me at the coffee shop[ later at 5 pm. Let me help you ..." RJ told her before abruptly ending the call. 

Maine put down her phone, shocked as to what just happened. 

---

"Her name is Maine C. Mendoza. I want you to find out everything you can know about her" Mamita told the private investigator she hired. She's not even so mad that RJ go a girl pregnant ... she's actually a bit excited. She can't wait to see her great grandson or grand daughter. 

"Okay Mam" the guy on the other line replied before the call ended. While the oldest Faulkerson is looking out into the yard, the door opened and a familiar face walked in. It's Richard's brother. 

"Mamita!, kumusta ka naman?"

"Sebastian? Oh my God .. okay lang .. Ikaw?" she asked after he placed a kiss on her cheek 

"Mabuti naman po  ... si RJ asan?" he asked. 

"Asa kwarto niya ... sigurado akong excited na yun na makita ka"

"Sana nga po" 

--

that's it for this part guys ^^ YES Richard and Sebastian are brothers and Mamita has already started the search for Maine. what do you think will happen next?