50. - Tongue Twisted -

"What will you do?" RJ asked her again.

Maine's heart started going wild, she doesn't even know what to say or do. She just stood there looking down at a very earnest looking RJ who is also staring directly at her. Cold sweat started dripping at the side of her face,  the intensity of the moment has started to become real now. The possibility of RJ having a ring in his pocket is now more than real as ever.

"I .... I .... baka mahimatay ako." she replied nervously, making him giggle

"Patingin ng himatay."

"Loko ka ah." she said and so he laughed. Maine kept her eyes glued at his hand, a part of her really wants him to have a ring while there's also another part of her that wishes he doesn't have one.

Slowly, RJ pulled out a tiny box from his pocket and opened it right in front of her.  Maine's mouth fell open at the sight of the ring. But judging by the design, Maine quickly figured out that it's a family heirloom.

"RJ ..." that's all she was able to say because she's at lost for words.

"Maine ... to be honest ... I spent hours looking for the perfect place where I can propose. On top of the hotel where we first met, in the middle of a soccer field , on top of a mountain ... on an island ... I searched for every sort of venue where I thought proposing to you would be worth it. I wanted to make it special ... memorable . But Maine, every moment with you is special ... no matter where we are ... no matter what we're doing ... as long as I'm with you then every second becomes worthwhile. And that makes me want to spend every single day of my life with you, I want to wake up in the morning by your side ... I wanna be there for you .... always. Babe I know this is not the proposal you expected and to be honest, I didn't even think I'd propose right now but hey ... the best things are always unexpected right? All I know is I love you Maine and that you're the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with. So please ... please say yes. Maine, will you marry me?" he asked in his nervous voice.

Maine is still too petrified to answer even just a single word. Her mouth is open but nothing comes out. Her heart is pounding against her chest, she never thought getting a 3-letter single word pass her lips would be this hard.

"Maine ... love ... pwedeng sumagot this week." he whispered. But the words he previously said are still on her surface, she can't absorb them ... at least not yet.

"Love ... will you marry me?" the tone of his voice his changed. RJ doing an impromptu wedding proposal right in their living room definitely caught her off guard.

"Ye ... Yes ... of course RJ." she finally said. The young guy guy quickly put the ring on her finger and stood up properly.  His proposal was unexpected but sweet, simple but romantic , all of a sudden but memorable. Maine just closed her eyes as closed in for a kiss. After doing so, he started jumping around, celebrating.

"Uy, umayos ka nga. Para kang bata." she told him.

"Bakit naman? this calls for a celebration."

---

RJ still can't believe that his impromptu proposal worked. He already formed the perfect plan to propose but there was just something about that moment with her earlier that convinced him to do it. He's not sure what it is but he's glad everything turned out to be alright.

"Ano? You proposed already?" Chris asked him.

"Yes, I had to ... bro. But she said yes and that's the most important thing right?" he asked. RJ is still very ecstatic and a bit jumpy because of the adrenaline rush he's still feeling.

"Wow ... congrats man. You're gonna be married at 22 , didn't see that coming."

"Thank you Chris."

"But what about the IMAX Theater you rented for next week?" he asked. RJ's initial plan is to propose in a 3D movie theater, with the "Will You Marry Me?" question popping up in the silver screen.

"We'll use it next week."

"For movie date?" Chris asked.

"Of course. Thanks for arranging that reservation." RJ told him.

"You're welcome man, anything for you two. Did you tell Mamita and Seb about it?" Chris then asked him.

"Not yet. I don't know how."

"Just blurt it out." Chris answered. RJ then heard Thirdy crying and so he said his goodbye and ended the call. The young guy ran towards his baby and started whispering things about what happened.

"Son .... Mom and I will get married soon ... then you'll be a kuya after a year or so." he told him. Thirdy kept his eyes on him and RJ noticed how brown they are. His facial features clearly tells he's a Faulkerson and RJ couldn't be more happy about it.

"Uy, ano na naman tinuturo mo sa bata? Ikaw .,. pag lumaki yang katulad mo." Maine said the moment she entered the room.

"Ano na naman? I was just telling him what happened." he replied. RJ is still too happy to get annoyed or anything.

"Sus ... you and your surprises. Nasabi mo na ba kina Mamita?"

"Not yet .... we'll tell them tomorrow."

"Okay." she replied before sitting next to him. The two then started talking to Thirdy, telling him things that he probably doesn't understand nor will remember when he grows up.

"I love this family." he heard her whisper. RJ looked at her and smiled, his dream to have his own family has now materialized in a glorious way. And he knew he wouldn't have it any other way.

"I love this too." he uttered, making her smile. The two hugged it out with Thirdy looking at them right in the middle.

---

"Mamita?" Seb asked after knocking on the door of her study room.

"Come in." she replied and so he did. Seb took a deep breath and sat right in front of her desk. He was going to say something about the company's financial report for the quarter, but then he noticed something wrong with Mamita.

"Mamita, okay lang ba kayo?" he asked.

"I .... I."

"Mamita? Mamita!"

---

that's it for this part guys ^^ stay tuned for more :) x . LAST 10 CHAPTERS NA!!!