37. - Us -

Their situation over the next few weeks remained the same. Maine is trying her best to be the most righteous mother for Thirdy while RJ is doing his equal best to be the best father in the world . She already feels sorry enough for making him court her even though they already have a child but at the same time, she knows all of his hardships will be worth it.  The longer it takes for her to say the word 'Yes.', the deeper she falls for him.

Maine is now certain that she already memorized RJ's unpredictable character. His unsteadiness can sometimes hurt her but the young girl already found a coping method to balance everything. RJ needs her  and as long as he needs her, Maine knows she will do everything to help him. She will always be there for him.

"Maine, kumusta na si RJ? Nanliligaw pa rin ba siya sa'yo?" her Mom asked.

"Opo naman ... bakit po ba?" she asked her.

"Wala naman ... hanggang kelan mo ba balak pahirapan yung bata? Ikaw .. halata namang gusto mo siya eh."

"Ma naman ... siyempre tinitignan ko lang kung hanggang saan siya. Mahirap na ... baka hulog na hulog na ako , siya hindi pa pala."

"Sus, yun pa? Maine, hulog na hulog na yun sa'yo. Hindi ka naman niya pagtiya-tiyagaan kung hindi pa eh."

"Grabe kayo Ma ah , parang ang hirap ko namang mahalin. Sige na ... fine ... alam ko namang boto kayo sa kaniya ... sasagutin ko na siya soon." Maine replied before she her mother smiled.

"Dapat lang."

"Edi wow Ma .... edi wow."

---

"Dude, hanggang kailan mo siya liligawan?" Chris asked him.

"I don't know bro. To be honest, I'm already getting tired of it." he replied before wrapping Thirdy in his arms. He's been courting Maine for almost two months now and so far, things are still looking the same. There's no sign that the two of them will be officially together anytime soon.

"Patience bro, that's all you need." his best friend replied. RJ never really courted anyone before that's why he still doesn't know how the process  works. He initially thought a flower and a chocolate plus a few more days will do it. But Maine holding out to him for almost two months made him realize how much of an amazing woman she is. Sure, at first he found the idea ridiculous. But then he saw the real Maine, he saw how scared she is to let someone in her heart. And even if he's already there, he knew he must prove himself worthy of that space. And so he agreed to court her.

"Then what can I do? Ano pa yung pwede kong gawin para sagutin na niya ako?"

"Think of ways na napapakilig mo siya."

RJ got into thinking, the last time he really made her happy is when he cooked her dinner. "Nung pinagluto ko siya ng dinner." he told Chris.

"Edi ... cook for her again."

"It won't work, Maine's a one-time kind of girl."

"You really know her huh?"

"Yup. When you love someone, you have to know everything about them."

"So you do love her?"

"I do .... I love her very much."

"Bro ... kinikilig ako. Pabebe ka talaga."

"Fuck you bro! ... fuck you... I'm not Pabebe ... I will never be Pabebe."

"Then why are you blushing?" Chris asked, teasing him.