161.) Your Dog Gets Loose

"Herman! Herman, wait!" I called as I tried to run after my dog, "Get back here!" I stopped in my tracks, bending over to try and catch my breath. I had already been running for over ten minutes so could you blame me? Let me start from the beginning here. It all started when I decided to take Herman out for a walk down the street. It was a nice day, not too hot not too cold, just perfect for a nice walk. So why not? Well, everything was going well until I stopped to read a poster on one of the store walls and Herman just so happened to see something that interested him. Before I could even get a good grip on the leash, he had run off. Now... I've been chasing him since. "Herman! Slow down!" I sighed and continued running once my breath was back. When I lost sight of him, I groaned and covered my face. I had no idea what to do. I walked over to the park bench, sitting down just trying to calm myself down and catch grip of reality. Once I was actually able to breathe and conduct a plan, I stood back up and stretched out. I looked to my left and had to do a double take. I saw a man walking over to me with a leash in his hand. The dog on the leash was none other than Herman. "Hey, um, I'm sorry to bother you, love" the man started softly, " But I saw you walking the dog earlier and when I noticed he was uh... Well loose I managed to grab his leash. I wanted to make sure he is in fact yours." I gave him a smile and went over to Herman, "Oh my gosh, thank you so much, I would've been looking for him all day," I said with a sigh and patting the dog's head, hugging my doggy close. "No problem, really, he wasn't a problem at all. He came right to me when I called the name on the collar," he chuckled. "Well, I guess that's both a good thing and a bad thing" I laughed lightly, "Good thing you seem like a nice person." He smiled, "I'm Louis by the way," he hummed which made me smile. "(y/n)," I said and shook his hand, "It's nice to meet you," I took the leash from him. Louis smiled back and placed his hands in his pockets, "I'd ask if you wanted to go get a coffee, but you have the dog with you so why don't we go to the dog park," he said looking over at me. I nodded, "That sounds lovely," I said as we started to walk side by side toward the dog park.