~ 5

Chapter 5 |

Michael's Pov

After locking Kyela in my room, again, I went to the room next to mine which was Janet's. I knew she was really upset, not with me, but just in general.

I walk into her room where she's sitting in the middle of her bed with her legs crossed. She caught sight of me, and immediately looked back down to the floor.

"Hey Janet," I said.

"What do you want?"

"I'm, uh, sorry."

"For what? It's not your fault," she says.

I look at her curiously trying to figure out what she means, but I don't understand.

"It's not Kyela either," she shakes her head.

"Oh," I say, "I, oh, I understand now."

She nods weakly, not fazed by my clueless thoughts. I sit on the edge of her bed still looking at her.

"Look, I'm going to tell you like this, you can't take your anger out on her because of what happened to him. She has nothing to do with any of this shit, so you can't treat her like you have been," I say, feeling proud of myself at the way I'm handling this situation.

"Michael, I can't believe you're taking up for her though. She still is the cause that you had to go to fucking Uzbekistan for almost a half a year! You can't forget that," she snaps.

"Yea, I know, but that's my business. That's my reason to hate her because she did that to me, not you," I calm her.

"But still, I don't want you to start liking her and end up like me."

"Dunk, shut up. You sound stupid. First of all, I won't start liking her because that's fucking crazy. Second of all, I don't think you should be telling me how not to end up. I'm still older than you," I chuckle, "Besides, I don't think she'll be around long anyway."

She shakes her head, "Really, Michael."

"Okay, okay, but that's in all honesty. It just happened to be funny," I shrug.

"No, seriously. Can you take anything seriously? I'm really-" she pauses, "I'm hurting, and I don't think you understand."

She's absolutely wrong. I do understand. I've loved someone before, and I've lost people that were special to me, so I know how to feel in this situation, but I'm not an emotional.. human. I don't show my emotions very well, and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon.

When I look back up at Janet, she has a tear rolling down her cheek. Oh my God. I always freeze up at times like these. I can't comfort people. I don't really know how.

In an attempt to comfort my youngest sibling, I put my hand on her shoulder and rub it gently.

"Michael, she needs more than that. Just move since you don't know what you're doing," La Toya says from the door.

Thank God she showed up.

I open my bedroom door where Kyela is pacing back and forth talking to herself. What the hell?

"What are you doing?"

"Thinking out loud," she answers.

"About what?" I fold my arms across my chest awaiting her answer.

"Why I seem like a caged animal to you? I mean, why do you have to lock me in here? How would you feel if you were locked in the same space for four hours? I know you might hate me, but am I just a dog to you," she questions.