~ 13

Chapter 13 |

Michael's pov

The whole room was silent, nobody moved, nobody said a word. It was just silent.

Celeste, even in her injured state, stared at Joe with tears brimming in her eyes. She fell to her knees beside him, crying with her hand over her mouth. We all just watched.

"No!" she screamed, "No, no, no, no, no! How could you do this to me? How could you do this to your own father, your blood?" she cried while looking at

"He did this to himself," I say softly, "It was coming to him, Celeste whether you wanted to hear it or not, he deserved to die!"

"No one deserves to die, Michael! You were just jealous," she hisses.

What in the blue hell should I be jealous of Joe for? She sounds so stupid right now that I can't even function. Today had been crazy, and I needed to lie down to get some rest.

Before I knew it, my feet were taking me out of the house and towards the car. It was time to leave this place.

The last thing I heard from Celeste was, "You'll see how it feels one day."

I pulled out my phone to call Janet because I hadn't talked to her in about an hour. I needed to know that they were both safe. It was killing me.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Janet, where are you?"

"At home. Where are you?"

"I'm on my way, okay? I was just..." I didn't want to sound desperate because everybody else was in the car with me.

"Checking on us? Got it."

"Yea..."

"Michael, she's fine. I have everything under control. Just get here," she said.

"Okay, okay," I said.

"Bye," she says before hanging up.

"Mike, what are we going to do?" Jermaine asked.

"About what?"

"Celeste! Michael, she's going to kill us," Rebbie said frantically.

"She's not going to kill us. We just have to be ready," I tell them, "It'll take her a while to get back to us without Joe, so by that time, we could relocate."

"Relocate?!" everyone shouted.

"Did I stutter?"

"How long have you been planning this?" Jackie asked while looking in the rear view mirror.

"A few minutes now," I said while turning my attention to the passing trees outside.

"But why?" Rebbie asked.

"The first place she'll try to hit, is home, but if she doesn't know where home is, it'll become more difficult for her, and we'll have more time to get her before she gets us," I say.

They all stay silent.

After driving for another hour, we finally get home, but I'm no mood, but for one thing: Kyela. She's probably not even going to talk to me, but I don't care. If I get to see her, and I have the benefit of knowing that she's safe again, I will be happy.

I'm the first to get out of the truck, but no one questions me about it, so I walk up to the front door without saying a word to anyone. La Toya, who stayed home, is the first person I see, and she greets me with a smile despite my harsh expression.