~ 14

Chapter 14 |

Michael's pov

When I wake up, Kyela is still fast asleep, so I maneuver out of bed without waking her. I follow the smell of bacon and eggs downstairs into the kitchen where Rebbie is cooking, and La Toya and Janet are sitting at the table having a conversation.

"Well, good morning," La Toya says when she sees me walking towards the table.

I sigh, "Is it a good morning?"

"Is she not speaking to you?" Janet asks.

"She is, but she's still sleeping right now," I say quietly.

"No I'm not," her voice calls from behind me, and we all look up at her in the archway that leads in from the kitchen. She walks in and takes the seat next to La Toya, which is right next to me also. She refuses to look directly at me, but I understand why. She's still mad at me from last night. I'm still mad at myself to be completely honest, but we still need to talk about it sometime.

"Did you sleep well?" La Toya asks her, and she nods with a small smile. She barely even went to sleep. She was up all night, tossing and turning and occasionally crying. I just wanted to pull her close to me and apologize, but all she would do was push me away whenever I tried, so I couldn't.

"Is breakfast ready yet?" Jermaine asked while stumbling into the kitchen half asleep.

"Almost, Jermaine," Rebbie says, irritated.

"Where's Tito?" Kyela suddenly says.

Everyone looks around the kitchen like he'll suddenly show up somewhere, and he doesn't. I suddenly remember that I haven't seen Tito in a couple of days, but I hadn't thought much about it because I was too busy either sulking over Kyela or trying to get her back. Either way, I hadn't realized that he was gone.

"I haven't seen him in a while," I say.

"Neither have I," La Toya says.

"He went to the Bahamas with Deedee," Janet says.

"The Bahamas?!" everyone, but Kyela yells.

"Yea, he said he needed to get away," Janet shrugs.

"He needs to get away?" Jermaine asks sarcastically.

Kyela just sits at the table totally clueless to what's going on right now. It probably wouldn't do much to explain to her who Deedee is anyway. She probably won't even listen.

"When was this, Janet?" Rebbie asks while she sets a plate of food in front of Kyela and Jermaine.

"Wednesday," Janet answered, "I would've told you, but..." she trails off because we already know what she's implying. It's no secret.

"How long is he going to be there?" La Toya asks.

"Till next week," Janet answers.

"Um... No, he needs to bring his ass back before then because we have shit to do," I say.

"Like what?" La Toya asks.

"Can we not talk about it right now?" Rebbie says.

"Right," Jermaine adds.

"Janet, can you call Whitney?" I ask.

"Fine," she says, "But why?"

I sigh, "Janet..."

"Okay," she groans before standing to her feet and walking out of the kitchen. The whole kitchen is silent other than the scraping of forks across plates.