~ 21

Chapter 21 |

Kyela's Pov

When I finally came back to my senses, I looked over to Rebbie, who was bent over, picking up pieces of glass off the floor. I jumped up to go help her, dropping Michael's hand from mine.

"Oh, you don't have to help me sweetie," she said without looking up at me.

I shook my head. "I w-wanna help," I protested, and she scooped a few pieces into her hand like I was doing. Eventually, she looked up at me, and her eyes held the emotion of pure shock. It couldn't've been such a surprise that Michael just said what he said, right? It was something normal that everyone said at some point in their lives, so it wasn't a big deal. Or did I not want it to be a big deal? Now, I had the worst feeling. What if he didn't mean it? I didn't know if my heart could handle that type of rejection, and I wasn't ready to hear the answer from him or anybody else for that matter, but I was overreacting. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately, and I figured that I needed to gain control of my emotions and thoughts before I ruined things between the two of us.

I dumped the glass into the trash, and I noticed Michael got up, and he looked at then to the floor. I smoothed out my dress as he walked past me, and everything became immensely awkward between us in the kitchen. I sighed deeply and walked out quickly, and I smiled to myself when I heard his footsteps closely behind. We were near the living room when I stopped and turned around, bringing us closer together.

"What?" he said blankly. I pulled him down by his collar to kiss him, and deepened it by putting his arms around my waist and pressing our bodies together, and the passion between us was really intense. He pulled away to catch his breath, and I smiled faintly.

"Don't have too much fun while I'm gone," he joked, and I shook my head.

"I'll save all the fun for when you get back," I laughed, and he pulled back a little.

"I have a lot of things to do, so I might have to stay an extra day or two though," he whispered the last part, and I sighed in frustration. I dropped my hands to my side, earning a low sigh from Michael as well.

"What happened to two days?" I asked through my clenched teeth. He lifted my hand in his own and massaged it gently.

"I thought that I'd be able to handle my business quickly, but other things came up. I didn't find out until this morning, I swear," he said, and I was just upset that he was staying away for that long.

We stared at each for a moment before I decided that I should be getting ready to go, but Michael pulled me back by my arm and placed his forehead against mine, but I wouldn't let him kiss me. "I love you," he whispered. He leaned in closer, but I pressed my finger against his mouth.

"You mean that?" I asked with a smirk, and he laughed.

"Yes," he said while smiling with that beautiful smile of his.

"I love you too," I whispered, and he took my hand away then our lips locked. There was a spark between us that I'd never noticed before, and I knew that this was real. Our lips moved in unison as he pushed me against the wall behind us gently. It felt nice to have his fingertips tracing down the length of my arm softly while his soft breathing echoed in my ears. On my left, his right, I heard someone clear their throat.

Michael and I pull away from each other, laughing a little as I wiped the corner of his mouth before we looked in the direction of the door. Rebbie stood there with a bag in her hand giving us a disapproving look with her other hand on her hip.

"Maybe it's time for you to go," Michael said, kissing my cheek softly while keeping his gaze locked with Rebbie's. As he walked off, I faintly heard him mutter something like 'Way to ruin the moment.' when he got near her. I rolled my eyes playfully while she smirked at me, and she tapped her wrist like she was wearing a watch, so I guessed it was time to go already. Unfortunately.

The car ride didn't last as long as I expected it, and we finally stopped at a giant, French styled home. It was beautiful with it's beige masonry and the detailed decor of the fencing around the house and the many balconies on the second floor of the house. The lawn was cut neatly, the whole front yard looked flawless.

"Are you done staring yet?" La Toya's voice brought me back to reality. She laughed as I turned back to her with a blank stare and gave me my bag from the trunk of the car.

"The house is really nice," I said quietly.

"That's why I bought it," she whispered, and I scrunched my nose up like I was angry, and she laughed at me as she told me to follow her. On the side of the house, there was a door leading to the inside, a perfect palace, but a house that you could call a home.

Michael's Pov

We pulled over at a nearly deserted gas station, watching closely as a small black mustang followed behind. They must've thought that we couldn't see them, which we couldn't, but we knew they were there. We just didn't know who they were.

Jackie, Marlon, and I got out the car together, watching our surroundings carefully. As we searched the aisles, the store clerk looked like he'd just seen a ghost when the door opened again and two ugly ass guys dressed in black walked in like they owned the place. I gave Jackie and Marlon a look, and we all went separate ways around the store, yet they stayed together, walking over to the beer suspiciously. I mindlessly grabbed a bag of chips before walking over to the cash register with my brothers right by my side. I pulled out a couple dollar bills while I stared into the mirror near the ceiling. We made eye contact, but I looked away for a split second before I heard the faint shuffling sounds of clothes.

Swiftly, I pulled my pistol out of my pocket, holding them at gunpoint while they held their guns at me. Of course, Jackie and Marlon were right behind me while we had a short standoff.

"Are you with Celeste? Did she send you?" I yelled, but they didn't answer. Instead, one of them, the bald one, shoots at me, hitting the shelf behind me, and my gun goes off plenty of times before I can control myself. I dive behind the shelf with toilet tissue, and the other guy, the one with hair, slides in front of me and shoots at me while I assume that Jackie or Marlon shoots the bald one when he screams in pain. I miss a few times, breaking the glass of the freezer, and a few bottles of soda drop down on the guy and spray everywhere. I crawl to the front of the store, the safest place I can think about, and I see the store clerk on the ground, huddling with a phone to his ear.

"Are you calling the police?" I scream at him, and he shakes his head frantically. "Yes you are! I dare you to call the police,I triple dog dare you! Hang up the damn phone!" I yell. He obliges, and I turn to see the sane guy that I shot at walking towards me.

Shit.

That took a lot in me to write this chapter. I had major writer's block as always.

Mickeythemoonwalker