~ 40

Chapter 40 |

Kyela's Pov

The wires snapped, and the railing went forward, and I found myself clawing to stay on and not fall, but it hurt. I could easily see Michael, but he couldn't see me, so I began to scream, but Simone was still crying.

"Michael!" I screamed. My hands were beginning to slip, and they were hurting.

He turned around as if he heard me, but he didn't know where to look. "Shit," I said as I looked down.

"Kyela, don't move," someone said, but it wasn't Michael.

"Marlon, does it look like I'm moving?!" I yelled.

Simone looked down at me, and I looked to Marlon, then I saw Michael coming towards me. Thank god! "Kyela, jump! I'm going to catch you!" Michael shouted.

"You're not serious!" I said, closing my eyes and wincing as my fingers slipped. "Dammit."

"What part of 'I'm going to catch you,' don't you understand? Let go!" he yelled.

I sighed, "If you don't catch me..."

I didn't finish the sentence as I let my hand slip free of the floor, and I fell into Michael's arms in two seconds. "See," he said, raising an eyebrow at me. He gave me a quick kiss before putting me down, and I smiled at him.

"Uh, hello?! I'm still up here!" Simone screamed from upstairs. I looked to Marlon, and he sighed as I forced him to help her.

He caught her as she fell, and Michael looked at me skeptically when he saw her face, but I tried to ignore him, so he wouldn't ask any questions. "Are you done here? I got the money," I said in a hushed tone and held up the briefcase that had fallen in the ground after me.

"We need to go. Marlon, get everybody and let's go," Michael demanded.

I looked at Simone and waved her over to me so that she could follow us, and Michael lead us out of a backdoor that led to outside. It was pretty cold, and Simone looked like she was freezing. We got around the building to the car, and I stopped, pulling him close to me so that we were pretty much separated from her.

"We have to take her back home with us," I whispered.

"Excuse me?" he said.

"Look, Drew did that to her, okay? I don't know, and I don't care what you did to him, but she looks like she needs help, and I think-"

"No, no, hell no," he cut me off rudely.

I crossed my arms over my chest, and he gave me a stern look. "Have a heart."

"I do have a heart, but I don't why you thought I would agree to this," he said and walked to the other side of the car.

"Because you love me, and you'll do anything that I ask," I said. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"That's not fair," he said.

"Really? Do you really want to hear what's not fair?" I asked.

"Fine," he gave in, "But she's your responsibility."

I pursed my lips, "She's not a dog."

"Whatever. She better be housebroken then," he said before getting into the car. I rolled my eyes at him and turned to Simone. La Toya and everybody else were coming out of the building, and she looked like she was about to have a nervous breakdown. I went over to her, and she folded her arms across her chest.

"You don't have to take me with you," she said.

I scoffed, "Then, where are you going to go?"

She shrugged, "I'll find somewhere. I don't really think that your boyfriend wants me in his car either..."