~ 37

Warning... Mature Scene.

Chapter 37 |

Kyela's Pov

Michael managed to sneak his way into the bed with me through the night. I felt more comfortable with his arms around me, and I just wanted to stay there forever, watching him sleep. He looked so peaceful, not his normal self. Just listening to his slow breathing kept me at peace.

I stayed in bed next to him for the next few minutes until he opened his eyes and saw me. "Good morning, Michael." I said sweetly.

Instead of responding, he pulled me in for a deep, tender kiss and tangled his fingers in my hair, making the moment more passionate than usual. He finally pulled away, and I was able to catch my breath. "Good morning," he replied with a smile.

He rolled onto his back, lifting me on top of him, and I buried my face into the crook of his neck, breathing in his soft scent. "What are you doing?" His chest vibrated as he spoke.

"Getting comfortable," I sighed. The room was silent, but a comfortable silence that is. I felt like going back to sleep when Michael raised my hand, carefully looking over it then intertwining his fingers with mine.

"I may as well get comfortable too," he grunted. I smiled and began to kiss along his jawline lightly. He chuckled softly and played with my hand.

"What do you want for your birthday?" I blurted without thinking. Suddenly, he stopped.

"My birthday?" he asked, seeming surprised.

"Yeah..." I said, not sure how he was feeling about this.

"Um," he said.

"You don't have to tell me now. I mean, there's still time," I said.

He didn't answer. Worried, I pulled myself up into a sitting position on top of him. "What's wrong?"

"Give me time," he said lowly.

"Okay... Is there a problem?" I questioned.

"No," he snapped, "All I said was give me time, and you think there's a problem."

I scoffed, "Well, excuse me for picking up on your attitude."

"Attitude? I'm not the one prying into someone's life," he said.

"I'm prying into your life? All I asked was what you wanted for your birthday. How is that prying, Michael? I think that's the least I should know about you, or am I restricted from that too?"

"Don't do that," he warned.

"Do what? Remind you of the place you put me in? Or remind you of how unfair you are to me?"

He slid out from under me and got off the bed. "I don't want to talk about this right now," he whispered. I folded my arms across my chest because I was angry. He's so damn unpredictable, and there was nothing worse than not knowing how he will react to things. I think he needs a little help.

He went to the bathroom and came back out within minutes, and I decided that maybe I should take the initiative and try to resolve things between us for once. I hate when things are tense.

I got up and approached him while he searched for a shirt in the dresser, and I wrapped my arms around his lean torso. I rested my head against his back and felt his stomach rise and fall as he sighed. "Can you tell me what's bothering you? Please?"

"I'm not bothered," he told me. He pulled his shirt over his head despite me being on him.

"Then, why are you pushing me away? You're obviously hiding something from me, and I don't like it," I admitted.