~ 44

Chapter 44 |

Michael's Pov

"Are you guys done?"

Kyela and I broke our kiss and caught our breath before looking towards the entrance to the room and seeing Tito standing there with a smug look on his face. Kyela moved behind me in the couch and wiped her mouth as I rolled my eyes.

"What is it now?" I groaned.

Kyela hit my arm lightly, and I glared at her before turning my attention back to my brother.

"La Toya wants to talk to you," he said.

He walked away, and Kyela stood from the couch, straightening her sweater. She combed through her hair with her fingers and started out of the room. I grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

"Wait, you can't just walk away from me like that," I said, biting my lip and looking her up and down. She giggled and moved a strand of my hair out of my face for me.

"You have something to be doing," she said to me. She bent down and kissed my cheek softly.

She left the room, and I tried to ignore the tightness of my pants as I got up and went to the other side of the house because I knew that's where La Toya must've been.

I walked in on her in the middle of a potential breakdown, and I was more than confused.

"It's not all here," she said. She scratched her head and looked at the desk in front of her and laughed. "It's not here!"

I narrowed my eyes. "What?" I asked irritably, noticing that the case of money wasn't as full as it should've been. I walked over to the desk and ran my hand over the sprawled out money atop the desk. I clenched my fist and looked at La Toya.

"Two hundred grand, Michael. Where is it?" she asked. She bit the joint of her index finger, and I took a deep breath and tried to contain my anger, but it didn't work.

"God dammit!" I screamed and shoved a row of books off the shelf.

"Get her to talk, Michael. Go up there and do whatever the fuck you need to do to get my fucking money!" La Toya screamed.

I stormed out of the room, trying not to destroy things on my way to the main part of the house, and I went up the stairs and headed into this girl's room. So was Kyela. She had a bowl and a water bottle, so I stopped her.

"Hey, I'll take it to her. You can go lie down, you look tired," I lied. She smiled at me and shook her head.

"I got it," she said. She tried walking away from me, but I stepped in front of her.

"No, really. I can do this," I insisted, trying to convince her. She sighed and handed me the things in her hand. I waited for her to walk away before I stormed into the room.

I dropped the bowl and water bottle onto the nightstand next to her, and she gave me a disgusted look.

"Excuse me," she said as she sat up in bed.

"Tell me what you know," I demanded.

"What?" she asked.

"Listen, I'm missing two hundred thousand dollars, alright? I'm going to need that back, and your boyfriend knew where that money was, and I'm sure you did too, so if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you told me where it was," I explained.

She pushed her hair back and shook her head.

"Michael, I-"

"Don't bullshit me," I said.