~ 27

Chapter 27 |

Kyela's Pov

After finally getting out of the shower with Michael, as always, I found myself in the kitchen talking with Rebbie and La Toya.

"What did you two do last night? I came back home, and you and your stuff were gone," La Toya said, and I smiled while I thought about last night.

"He made me dinner, and we drank some wine. Then, I made him dance with me, not much."

I may have left out some teensy details, but there was no way that I could tell them what happened after. That was something sentimental that we shared, not for anyone else to know about. So, I kept it to myself. Besides, why would they want to know about their little brother having sex?

"That's it? You just danced and called it a night?" Rebbie asked, and I laughed.

"Yes, but it was special." I shrugged and drank some orange juice from the small bottle. Michael's going to kill me if he sees me drinking this.

"If you say so," La Toya said with a sigh.

"What are you bothering her about now?" Michael's voice chimes in from the hall. He comes into the kitchen and stands opposite me while Rebbie chops onions on a cutting board right next to him.

"We were just asking what you two did last night," La Toya says, smiling mischievously, and Michael glares at her, and she rolls her eyes. Suddenly, Michael snatches the orange juice bottle away from me, and drinks almost all of it until there's only a drop left. He puts the top back on it and gives it back to me.

I scoff, "I don't want it now!" I throw the bottle at him, and it bounces off his chest onto the floor.

"Okay, I'm trying to cook here," Rebbie says and pushes at Michael's side, but he jumps back.

"Whoa, don't do that." he says while holding his hands out.

"Oh, Mr. Jackson, are you ticklish?" I question deviously, and his face goes from somewhat happy to mad, and I laugh even more.

"No," he declares.

"Yes you are," La Toya chimes in.

"No I'm not!" he says, but I continue to laugh, and Rebbie joins in with me.

"Okay," I try and catch my breath, "Then, this doesn't tickle?"

I reached my hand out and tickled him in his stomach, and he laughed involuntarily while trying to move my hand away, but his face changed back to angry right after. La Toya got up and she went over to the fridge, but she turned around and tickled him from behind, and he bursted into laughter, so I took my chance to tickle him everywhere else while he was still vulnerable until he started begging for mercy.

"Okay, okay, stop!" he pleaded while trying to catch his breath. His laughter was contagious, and all of us were laughing, but he seemed to be okay with it.

"That's not funny," he says, still chuckling and holding his stomach. 

"Whatever you say," Rebbie retorted while she scraped everything off of the cutting board into a pan.

"You can call me back in here when dinner's ready," he said. He gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking out of the kitchen.

The chicken casserole that Rebbie baked smelled so good when it finished that I wanted to keep it all to myself. "Could you go get them, so they can eat? I don't feel like yelling."

Rebbie was like a mother to everyone in this house, and she treated everybody like they were her children, but there was a definite balance between being a sister and mother figure even though they were all like thirty.

"I'll go get them," I said while La Toya flipped through the pages of a magazine.

I went into the hall, and I could hear all the boys having a conversation in the living room. I didn't really want to interrupt, so I stood against the wall and listened to their conversation.

"You had to gave gotten some last night if you kicked all of us out," Jermaine said.

"You know it," Michael answered, but sounded very uninterested.

"How was it?" Randy asked, and there was a little laughter.

"Just like I expected it to be," Michael said, and my mind was racing with all the things that he could mean by that.

"Wait, isn't she a virgin?" Jermaine asked.

Michael laughed, "Not anymore."

My stomach churned as they all gasped, and I felt tears stinging my eyes. I can't believe he would brag about taking my virginity. That's not something to talk about, and I really felt like this was information that he didn't need to be telling them- even if they were his brothers. Not wanting to hear anymore, I stormed into the room.

"Hey, the woman of the hour!" Jackie exclaimed, and they all greeted me nicely. I looked over to Michael, who was watching the TV, not really paying any attention to me.

"Food's ready." I simply said, and they stopped what they were doing to walk out of the room past me. Michael was the last to get up, but I tried to leave before him, yet he caught me and pulled me towards him. He leaned in for a kiss, but I directed my face the other way.

"What's wrong?" he asked, seeming concerned.

"Do you always do that when you have sex with people?" I snapped, and he raised his eyebrow at me.

"What-"

"You heard what I said. Why would you tell them something like that, Michael?" I shrugged him off of me.

"First of all, that wasn't just sex, Kyela. I know that you know that it was much more than just sex," he mocked me.

"That still doesn't make it okay," I said. "That was private, Michael. It was supposed to be between us, not us and your family!" I yelled in a whisper.

"I don't see why it's such a big deal to you, okay? Men do it all the time, and you're not the only one that they know about, so don't take it personal," he spits.

I take a deep breath and leave the room, trying to contain my anger towards him unlike he had towards me. What makes him so angry about me to make him say such hateful things to my face? And I know he means them, which is the worst part about it. Also, he didn't have to throw it in my face that he's slept with other women because I'm sure that he knows that I knew that already, but I would never talk about it. And I thought I was different from those other girls because he says that he loves me, and I'm supposed to believe him, but he does things like this and makes me feel like shit.

Michael's Pov

I have a problem. I have a serious fucking problem. I can't keep lashing out on her like that all the time, but I'm so used to doing it that it just happens, but I should work on that because it's getting out of hand. I follow her into the kitchen, and she sits at the table next to Marlon, leaving me with no place to sit next to her, so I take the empty chair at the kitchen island.

As everyone begins to eat, I glance over to her, and I could see Marlon utter the words, "Are you okay?"

She nodded, but she never once looked up, and I got lucky that she didn't cry this time. Maybe she's finally getting tired of my shit, and I don't blame her, but I'm not letting her go.

well, what would this story be without the drama? (Don't answer that...)

thank you for helping me reach over 16,000 reads, and I hope everyone keeps reading, voting, and commenting!

Mickeythemoonwalker ♡