~ 54

Chapter 54 |

Michael's Pov

I stayed on those stairs for a few hours. Until the Sun rose actually. I didn't feel like I could go to sleep. I didn't even want to. At this point, I didn't want to do anything anymore, not anytime soon at least. I was drained on so many different levels that I didn't even want to move.

"Hey, you can't sit here forever," I heard from beside me.

I grunted as a reply and kept my head in my hands.

"The least you could do after keeping everybody up all night with your worrying and arguing is to get your ass up off of these stairs tell us what needs to happen so that I can get my money," La Toya demanded.

I lifted my head and glared at her. The look on her face made it clear to me that she was serious, and I sighed.

"Tell everybody to get ready. I'll be down in a second."

She smiled and ran back up the stairs. I watched her until she disappeared down the hall before I got up myself.

I got dressed in a nice suit and paired it with a nice set of loafers and a fedora as usual. I checked myself in the mirror At least twenty times before finally leaving my room and going downstairs. I went into the living room where everybody was sitting around in silence. I began to talk, telling them the plan and what would be happening in the next few hours, taking my place as the leader as usual.

As I spoke, my gaze landed on Kyela who seemed to be paying no attention to me, which didn't surprise me one bit. That's probably how she always listened to me, and I never noticed, but it bothered me.

After a few minutes, I wrapped up my instructions and got everyone to load up the cars and get ready to go. I didn't want to have an issue today because I wasn't in the mood, and I knew the only two people that would even dare to cause a problem were Kyela and Simone- well mostly Simone would try to talk her into something that she'd be stupid enough to go along with it, and I wasn't having it again today.

Kyela walked out of the house before I could pull her aside, and Simone followed right behind her. I rolled my eyes at the both of them and pulled on my jacket before walking out of the house after them.

Kyela stood by the car with her arms folded, not saying a word, and I sighed. I signaled to everybody that we were about to leave, and I got into my car as well.

I couldn't even describe how tense the silence was in the car, and it was rubbing me the wrong way. I fucking hated the way that she kept looking at me out the side of her eye like she wanted to say something, but she wouldn't. She was going to apologize this time, not me. She was the one that was wrong, and I deserved an apology just as much as she used to from me, and I wasn't going to say a thing until I received that apology.

The whole two hour drive was agonizing, and I just wanted it to be over already. I wanted to get out of the car and get away from her, but the faster I drove, the slower time got, and I just didn't have the patience to bite my tongue anymore.

"Why can't you just admit that you were wrong?" I asked eventually.

"I wasn't," she answered bluntly.

I sighed and gripped the steering wheel tightly until my knuckles were turning white. "So you're just a saint, huh? You don't ever do anything wrong, do you?"

"I never said that, Michael."

"Then, what are you saying?" I asked.

She turned to me and practically spat at me with her words, "I'm saying that you are trying to make me out to be some bad person that I am not. What I did was beneficial to someone that I cared about, not for myself, and even if you didn't feel the same way, you could've respected my decision instead of being who you are!"