~ 42

Warning... Mature scene.

Chapter 42 |

Kyela's Pov

While Michael and I sat at the food court and ate from each other's plates, I watched the people that walked by. I never went out much, so I never really saw that many people, but I got the chance since Michael brought me to the mall.

He flipped through a magazine that was on the table, and I tried to look as natural as possible. It was a little awkward trying to hide my identity when I was on television only two nights ago. It still really bothered me.

"Are you done yet?" Michael asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah..." I said.

I dusted my shirt off, and Michael stood from the table. He grabbed the trash from the table and dumped it all into the trash can that was only a few feet away. I smiled at him as I grabbed my still-full cup of soda.

"Aren't you a gentleman?" I mocked him.

He smiled nicely, "Only for my lady."

He held out his hand for me to grab, and I latched on to it and noticed that some people were looking at us, but I wasn't going to feel guilty for showing love to my boyfriend in public. Besides, I loved it when he showed his affection for me in public. We kept walking hand in hand until we approached one clothing store that made me stop in my tracks.

"What?" Michael asked.

"Look at that dress," I said. I pulled my sunglasses down onto my nose, and Michael looked down at me while furrowing his perfect eyebrows.

"Put your glasses back on," he demanded, "And don't you think you have enough clothes?"

"Not at all," I answered.

My lips were slightly parted as I stared at the dress in awe, and I knew that it just had to be mine. It was slim and yellow and slightly sparkly, but it was just plain beautiful, and I knew for sure that it would look good on me.

"Can I try it on at least? I mean, look at it," I told him.

"I'm looking," he retorted.

"Please," I pleaded with him.

He sighed and rolled his eyes at me before tugging me into the store, and I squealed like a little girl getting an ice cream cone.

I ended up trying on more than planned, and I could tell that Michael was getting impatient with me, but I had yet to try on the dress that I had initially came into the store for. I pulled off the current one and stuck it back on the hanger and grabbed the yellow one. I slid into it with ease and pulled it up my legs and up to my stomach swiftly. The dress was a perfect fit, and it suited my body just the way I wanted it to.

There was a knock at the door. "When are you gonna come out of there?"

Michael's Pov

The door opened, and I took a step back.

"Actually, I could use your help." she said.

She widened the door so that I could join her in the small space, and she turned towards the mirror and pushed all of her hair to one side. 

"Can you zip it?" she asked.

I looked down at the zipper that was dangerously low on her back and only zipped up to the middle of her spine. My hand swiped across her bare back by accident, and I felt her shiver under my touch. She adjusted herself in the mirror, then looked to me, but I was much too distracted.