~ 35

Chapter 35 |

Michael's Pov

"It's beautiful," she expressed.

She smiled up at me, and I knew that she was actually smiling because she was at least somewhat happy I thought. She craned her neck and placed a soft kiss against my lips. It felt nice to know that she wasn't drunk this time, and she meant to do it.

"You're welcome," I said, smiling.

"Thank you." She giggled.

She ran her fingers over the diamonds along the bracelet. Her smile faded a bit, and she turned back to me. "Michael, I don't want you spending a lot of money on me..."

"I just thought you would like that," I said innocently.

Just when I thought that I was doing something good, I end up being wrong again.

"I do like it- I love it actually, but you didn't have to," she said, and I let out the breath that I had been holding.

"Oh," was all that I could say.

She pulled the collar of my shirt down to where my face was directly in front of hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me passionately. Her tongue swiped across my lip, asking for entrance, and I allowed. Her lips were soft, like pillows, and our tongues moved smoothly across each other's for a few seconds. She pulled away after a few seconds, and I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth while she stared up at me.

"Michael, I love you." she whispered.

"Do you mean that?" I asked, and there was a short pause.

Kyela's Pov

"Always," I answered.

My voice cracked a little, and I gave him a small smile to hide the pain. His question, it sounded like it had a double meaning. It was tainting me that I couldn't remember anything that happened last night, and I had no idea what I may have said to him. Of course, it felt like he was questioning my love for him although that question was basically an inside joke between us. I sat back and moved my hair out of my face. I was tired, extremely tired.

My hand was resting in between us, and he took it in his own. I squeezed his gently, and he smiled. I bit my lip and looked up at him. "Have I ever told you how nice your smile was?"

"I think so... But I'd love to hear it again," he said.

"Hm, you're getting in touch with your sensitive side today, huh?" I asked.

"I'm not," he laughed. "I don't know what this... side of me is, but it's not sensitive."

"That's what someone who was being sensitive would say," I retorted.

He pinched the bridge of his nose while he laughed softly. It was nice hearing him laugh, and it brought a bright smile onto my own face. A few seconds later, La Toya walked by and tapped Michael on the shoulder. Surprisingly, he wasn't angry that she'd interrupted our little chat, and he turned his attention to her easily.

"I need to talk to you," I heard her whisper.

However, her voice was harsh. She didn't sound like she was in her normally cheerful mood. It was cold, and I sunk back in my seat, knowing where this was going. He was going to have to deal with something again, so I stayed silent. He looked over at me, but I turned to look out of the window at the bright lights below us. He got up and left, going to the back of the plane, and I watched Tito, Jackie, and Jermaine follow after him.

I opened the box back up, and I pulled the bracelet out. It was so sparkly and nice. It had to have cost him thousands, and I really didn't want him buying me such expensive things. I couldn't explain why, but I knew that my love couldn't be bought, and it wouldn't be no matter what.