~ 48

Chapter 48 |

Kyela's Pov

It had been a few days since the whole mishap with Marlon, Michael, and I. I still haven't gotten around to actually talking to Marlon about the whole thing. I didn't really feel the need to, but we couldn't even sit in the same room together without feeling like there was an elephant there. I couldn't hold back anymore.

"What are you thinking about?" Michael asked as he stroked my arm softly.

I shrugged and lifted my head to look at his eyes. "I haven't talked to Marlon in a few days."

He froze, and his eyes searched the room.

"I don't know what to tell you," he said.

I rolled my eyes. "I just think that I was a bit harsh on him, ignoring him and all."

"And what are you going to do about it?" he asked.

"I think we should talk," I said, playing with a piece of my hair.

"Then, you should." he replied.

Maybe if I did it, then he would apologize to Marlon. He was the one that was wrong anyway.

I smiled before giving him a soft kiss on the lips and getting out of bed.

Michael's Pov

She got out of bed and left me there to watch TV by myself. I grabbed the remote and began to flip through channels to find something to watch that was the least bit interesting to me. However, I couldn't shake the guilt that was gnawing away at me. I told Simone that I'd tell her, and I was going to, but after I told her about Susanna, she seemed so happy. I didn't want to ruin that again. I promised that we would have no problems, and I didn't want to break that promise by bringing that up. Besides, I wanted to talk to Tatiana about it first anyway. She was responsible for this.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and began to dial her number got the sixth time this week. She hadn't returned any of my calls yet. This time, she answered on the third ring.

"Hello?" she chirped.

"I need to talk to you," I said as I pulled the blankets back on the bed and searched the floor for my boxers.

"Okay, about what?" she asked.

"You know about what," I said, "About last week," I said in a hushed tone.

"Oh, that."

"Look, I found some pictures that you took of that night, and I know that you said we got drunk, but it doesn't look like you did." I said.

There was a pause. "Michael, I told you already that I don't remember what happened, okay? I know that Kyela may be mad, but-"

"She doesn't know, Tatiana. And she won't know because we're not going to tell her anything, okay?" I said.

"Alright," she answered.

I sighed, knowing that I was wrong, completely, but this week had gone so well, and I didn't want to ruin it for once. I should've told her when I found the picture, but I couldn't find the courage. I just don't know.

Kyela walked into the room, and I put my phone away quickly. Luckily, she didn't notice. Or maybe she did and decided not to call me out on it. Either way, I didn't care. There was a silence in the room, and the guilt was there just hanging over my head. I would tell her soon enough, but now was not the right time. I would definitely find the right time as soon as possible though.

"What's going on?" she asked, ripping me from my thoughts.

"W-what? What do you mean? Nothing is going on," I said nervously.

She looked at me skeptically, and I felt my heart threatening to jump out of my chest.

"You look deep in thought," she said, "I was thinking, maybe, you were going to say something."

"Say something about what?" I asked.

She furrowed her eyebrows and turned back to her drawer to put something back in. "Never mind," she said, shaking her head back and forth.

The thought that she could possibly know what's going on, or that she may have overheard anything is really gnawing away at me. I hate the thought of hurting her, but I know that I can't share this secret with her just yet.

long time, no updates, huh?! I'm so so so so so sorry for the long wait, and I will try my best to not let this happen again.

♡ mickeythemoonwalker