~ 17

Chapter 17 |

Michael's Pov

"You know I didn't mean that in a bad way, right?" she asks.

Her voice brings me back to reality, and I nod just to reassure that I was listening. Then, I see Tatiana walking towards us with two plates of food in her hands. She strides over to the table, placing our food in front of both Kyela and I while she tries to act like my presence isn't bothering her right now. It'd be best if she continued to not let her attitude get the best of her, at least for today, because I'd like to enjoy some time without seeing Kyela crying or upset, and God knows what Tatiana might say- or do- to make this day even worse than it already has been.

She leaves, and Kyela watches her as she walks away before she turns her attention back to me. "She seems bitchy," she comments lowly, and I laugh at her sudden rudeness. It's not what I was expecting to hear from her.

"She is," I admit, "And always will be."

We both laugh, then start to eat our food. I hadn't noticed before, but she looks really cute when she eats. Actually, she looks really cute period- in my opinion- but she can make the most ordinary actions a lot cuter than any other person would, or maybe it's me.

"Stop staring at me," she mutters with a giggle, and I feel my face get hot, and I can already tell that my face is blazing red. Nobody has ever really been able to make me blush so much, but I can't control it, not around her.

"I can't," I laugh.

"Maybe if you ate something, you wouldn't have to look at me so much," she says while nodding towards my plate of untouched food. I shrug and pick up my fork although I'm not all that hungry today. I really only came here because I needed to get her out of the house, and I'm sure she was getting tired of eating everything that Rebbie cooks every single day. I thought this would be a nice time to pull her away from my chaotic family for once.

There was so much that I wanted to say to her right now, yet I didn't want to go too fast with her, not right now anyway. I've put her through a lot, and I'm sure if I rushed into anything, she would pull away from me, and everything would be ruined. What is going on? I thought to myself. I've never considered a woman's feelings this much before, and I never put too much thought into the way I treated a woman before Kyela. She's put up with a lot of my shit in a short time span of three weeks, and, now, she's eating with me in a restaurant acting like nothing bad ever happened between us when her and I both know that we've gone through some hell together. She is something else.

"Oh my God, Michael! Put me down!" Kyela screamed when I lifted her from the ground and threw her over my shoulder. She swatted at my back playfully while I laughed at her before she bursted into laughter as well.

"I'm getting dizzy," she says while recovering from laughing.

I open the car door and sit her on the seat without hitting her head on the roof. She puts her hand to her forehead, and I laugh at her. She hits me playfully in the shoulder and rolls her eyes, then I grab her hand as she pulls it away from me. She looks up at me hopefully with her bright green eyes, and I can feel myself going crazy on the inside, so I drop her hand back onto her lap before closing the door for her, and I walk over to the driver's side to get into the car.

As I start the car, she turns her face away from me and looks out of the window, but she looks a little sad, or she's confused about what I just did, but I couldn't really explain it either, so I kept my mouth shut during the whole ride home.

She was quick to get out of the car and leave me behind when we reached the house, but I wasn't going to say anything to her. I didn't want to cause any further problems. She pushed her hair to the side as I slowly, but surely unlocked the door while I couldn't pay attention to anything other than her lips. They were so full, and she had on shiny lip gloss that made then even more noticeable. If I hadn't have been in front of my house, I could've ripped her clothes from her entire body in seconds.

We walked into the house completely silent and saw Jackie, Marlon, and Bobby playing pool while Whitney and Janet sat on the couch drinking and talking to each other. Kyela waved at them as she passed by, but I moved behind her and nudged her forward impatiently, trying to get her where I wanted her to go.

"Michael!" she hissed when we were in front of the stairs. She looked annoyed.

"Kyela," I said. She put her hands on her hips, and I mimicked her attitude. A small smile spread across her face before she started to laugh softly. It was nice to see get smile.

"Michael, leave me alone," she said while laughing and walking up the stairs.

I walked behind her quickly, catching up to her fast before she reached the top, and she looked over to me and laughed some more. I snaked my arm around her waist and pulled her to me quickly, earning a sweet smile from her. She stood up on her tip toes (she was pretty short) and kissed me tenderly on the lips, then she let her lips linger in mine for a couple of seconds before she pulled away. She looked towards the hallway, and La Toya walked towards us smiling fakely. I could see right through her facial expression, and she was still mad from the conversation that we had earlier, but now wasn't the time to address that situation, not to involve Kyela at the least.

"Tito wants to talk to you," she says softly while handing me the phone that she had at her side. I sigh as I take the phone from her, and she scowls at me and takes Kyela from me.

Kyela's Pov

La Toya taps me on the shoulder softly, and she gives me that look that she normally gives me when Michael is handling some type of business. Honestly, I'm tired of being blown off for some type of business that he's dealing with. It's happened twice today and plenty more times before. We weren't together then, but every minute I spent with him was nice to have whenever he wasn't yelling at me. It's nice that I know both sides of him, and I saw past the worst to see the good in him, and he's a wonderful man, but he could get even better, I'm sure.

"Did you have fun today?" she asked me as we walked down the grand spiral staircase together.

"Yea. I guess," I told her, "It was nice to be alone with him for once."

It was very nice to be alone with him without his family around to interrupt us. I mean, they're nice company (occasionally), but Michael was great company all by himself when all his attention was on me, and he want distracted.

"That's good. It's nice to see him be in love," she said in a teasing voice.

I nearly choked on the air that I was breathing at her comment, but I just laughed at her, not thinking that she was serious about that. It's been... a small amount of time, and I didn't think she would say that about him.

"I don't think he'd be in love with me, not so soon," I said as we entered the kitchen where Rebbie was standing at the counter with Randy.

"In love?" Randy asked, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"La Toya, it's only been a day," Rebbie commented with a smirk.

"That too," I agreed as I sat down at the counter, and Rebbie slid a glass towards me, which I caught.

"I'm just saying that the way that he looks at you is more than just a strong liking, and you know it," La Toya said matter-of-factly.

I giggled a little, trying not to let my instincts get the best of me. I didn't want to believe that he loved me when he didn't, then I would end up heartbroken again. I didn't need that to get in the way of the little happiness that I am receiving from him now.

Hey Readers.

I know this chapter is a bit short, but I hadn't updated in a while, and I didn't want to keep you waiting. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Thanks for reading.

Remember to vote and comment.

-Mickeythemoonwalker