~ 46

Chapter 46 |

Michael's Pov

I woke up, and the Sun was in my face, making me shield my eyes from the intensity of it. I touched my chest realizing that I was shirtless. I rubbed my eyes and sat up trying to remember what happened last night, but my memories were just a blur. All I could remember was the argument I had with Marlon and storming out of the house.

A glass of water was placed in front me along with a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I looked up and saw Tatiana standing there. I sighed and pushed the plate away.

"What? Are you not hungry?" she asked.

"What did you do to it?" I asked.

She giggled, "Well, I didn't cook it, so if it's poisoned, then I can sue the hotel."

I rubbed at my eyes and shrugged. "What happened last night?" I asked her, looking around the room. It was trashed.

"Well, I can safely assume that we both got pretty drunk," she answered.

"Oh," I said. That was weird because I didn't feel like I had been drinking. I was just a little tired, not nauseated or aching like usual.

I continued with eating in silence while Tatiana proceeded to clean up the room a little. She threw me my shirt and jacket from across the room. I had this strange, twisted feeling in my gut that something was terribly wrong, but I didn't want to dwell on it, and I really wanted to go back home and talk to Kyela about everything that happened. I wanted to clear things up.

After I finished, I got up to go into the bathroom and brought my shirt with me. I looked at myself in the mirror, and it was like i couldn't even recognize my own face. I turned on the cold water from the sink and splashed it on my face to wake me up. It seemed to work, and I used a hand towel to dry, then I looked back into the mirror. The only thing that caught my eye was the reddish mark on my collar bone that looked like bruise. I touched it, thinking it would hurt, but it didn't.

"Tatiana," I called as I examined it.

She appeared in the door of the bathroom. "Yeah?"

"What's this?" I asked irritably.

"What?" she asked cluelessly.

I pointed to the mark on my neck, and her eyes lit up as she looked at it.

"This."

"Michael, I don't know. It looks like a hickey from here," she said nonchalantly.

"A hickey? And how did I get this hickey?" I asked frantically.

I knew this wasn't from Kyela caused she's never done this before, so where could it have come from?

Oh no.

"I told you, we both got pretty drunk, and I don't remember anything," she said. "If you want, I can cover it with makeup?"

"Sure," I said, trying to think of something to tell Kyela if she ever saw it.

Tatiana brought her makeup into the bathroom and told me to sit on the toilet. My hands were shaking, and I felt like the dumbest person alive. This would crush Kyela if she ever found out about this, but it was an accident. I would never do anything like this on purpose, and she would have to believe me. She would understand.

"Look, Tatiana, don't say anything to anybody about this, okay?" I said.

She gave me a questionable look before agreeing.

I walked into the house, and everything fell silent. I didn't even feel like it was my house. I went upstairs and straight into my room. She was there. I knew she would be there, but the look she gave me wasn't what I wanted. I thought she would glow with happiness and run to me with excitement and tell me how sorry she was so that I could tell her that it was fine, and we were fine. But she just moved her hair behind her hair and closed the drawer that she was organizing.