~ 29

Quick a/n: As you read, you may want to remember some things because they may or may not reappear in the second book. Just for future reference. :)

Chapter 29 |

Michael's Pov

I normally wake up before Kyela, so waking up alone was pretty peculiar, and I had the most neurotic feeling in my gut that was telling me something was wrong.

Assuming that she was in the kitchen like always, I quietly took myself down there just waiting for her to give me that beautiful smile that she'll forgive me with, yet when I look in the kitchen, she's not there, but Rebbie is. Now, I don't know where she could be.

"You look like a little, lost puppy," Rebbie joked.

"That's not funny," I snapped, "Where is Kyela?"

"Eh, I don't know. She left with Janet about an hour ago," she shrugged, and I was instantly on high alert. I hadn't talked to Janet in a while, but I knew that she still wasn't really cool with Kye. Didn't everyone know that? Now, she's gone... with my girlfriend...

"You let her leave with Janet? You actually allowed them to walk out that door together?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

"Relax... They said that they were going shopping, and they'd be back by three. I'm sure she's going to bring her back alive. Don't worry," Rebbie said, getting impatient with me.

Something wasn't right about this situation. It was a bit suspicious and set a very uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. What are they shopping for? Why are they shopping? What does this even mean? For Janet? For Kyela? For me? Totally weird and unexpected.

"Why?" I asked.

Rebbie shrugged while eating out of a bag of chips. "How come you don't go upstairs or something? You're always in the goddamn kitchen, Rebbie. Shit."

I walked out of the kitchen with an attitude. There was no actual reason that I had just gotten upset with Rebbie, but I was pissed off and confused and fucking paranoid. Maybe if I wasn't such an asshole, then I would be fine with her leaving without telling me. I was only worried about protecting her. That's all that really mattered to me; her safety.

I went upstairs, muttering angry nonsense to myself, and I stormed into my closet to find something to wear. I chose a blue shirt, black slacks (as usual), and a red sweater. It wasn't my normal attire, but it'll have to do for today; I had some shit to do. I jogged down the stairs and went into the basement while struggling to tie my hair back. The door swung open to the basement, and Jermaine walked out, spinning the key ring on his finger.

"We've been waiting on you," he said impatiently.

I sighed and took the keys from him.

I came to a quick stop in the middle of an old abandoned parking deck, and the door swung open quickly. Jermaine and Tito forced my newest victim out of the backseat and onto the ground. They ripped the tape off his mouth, leaving a giant, red mark around his lips.

"Where the fuck is my money?" I asked him. He didn't answer. Instead, he just breathed really hard like he was about to get up and do something. I punched him hard in the jaw.

"I'm going to ask you one more time... Where the fuck is my money, man?" I asked in frustration.

"I told you already. I don't have-" My foot to his stomach cut him off from saying anymore. Tito and Jermaine dropped his arms from their hands, and he fell to the ground in pain with his hands tied behind his back. While he was still down, I kicked him one more time, and he lost his breath, and I swear that I saw a couple of tears in his eyes. I went to kick him again until he finally said something.