~ 34

Chapter 34 |

Michael's Pov

Those two.

They were after me. I could tell by the way that they kept glancing over their shoulders at me. I knew it was too weird when I saw them looking at me through another store window. They've been following me this entire time; that could only explain how they knew that I was here at the mall. I tried to ignore them and not seem suspicious (or get angry) while browsing the rows of overpriced jewelry.

An older man, about fifty something, came from behind the counter and approached me. I hate retail. There's always someone over your damn shoulder. He smiled at me nicely, and I rolled my eyes as he came closer.

"Are you looking for something in particular?" he asked me.

I shook my head and continued to look. The stuff was nice, but it just didn't seem like stuff that Kyela would be into.

"Do you happen to be looking for something to give to a special lady?" he thought he was making a joke.

I thought it was a bit suspicious, so I looked up, and I noticed that the couple that had been watching me were gone. Who knows what they were going to do? Who the fuck are they? The man pointed to a gold necklace. It was simple, but ugly. Not for Kyela. I wanted it to be amazing and make her want to have it with her everyday.

"That's our best seller," he told me like I cared.

Curtly, I ignored him and moved on to another counter. This time, diamonds sparkled on a silver bracelet that had a spiky design on it that gave it a bit of an edge. I liked that one. The man, who was looking over my shoulder, saw me looking at the particular bracelet, and he went behind the counter.

"Would you like for me to pull one of these out for you?" he asked. I nodded and glanced up the escalator as far as I could see, but they were nowhere to be found. But they had to be around here somewhere.

I pointed to that specific bracelet, "That one."

He grabbed it and gently laid it out in the palm of his hand. "This one has twenty-two karat diamonds arranged on every spike, and it's an expensive choice."

After some thought and gazing, I knew that was the right one. She would love it. "How much?" I asked.

He told me how much, and I pulled out my wallet, giving him a stack of hundred dollar bills. His eyes widened at the fortune as I slid the money across the counter until he finally realized where he was again. He delicately placed the bracelet into some black box to protect it before slipping it into a small bag. I grabbed and simply left the store while rubbing my hands together in anticipation. Apart of me was excited to lead them on a chase, but another part of me wanted to go home and get out. It was pissing me off that I couldn't get a break from everybody coming after me all at once, and it was stressing me out to the max, and I was on the brink of losing my damn mind. I needed something, but I just couldn't think of what that something was.

As I reached my car, I glanced across the parking lot, and I watched that same damned pair getting into a black car that was similar to my own, and they were both talking on the phone to someone. Quickly, I put the car into ignition, and I tried to speed away without catching too much attention. I grabbed my phone in the passenger seat and dialed La Toya's number fast because I didn't want to hear Janet's voice.

She picked up on the second ring, "Hello?"

"Tell Janet and Rebbie to get their shit packed and head to the airport. We're leaving early," I instructed.

"What- Why?"

"I don't have time for questions! Just go now!" I yelled. I hung up the phone, and I glanced in my rearview mirror to see them speeding behind me.